Journey in Dark Times

It is morning, Gilbert Gibbs woke up in a nearby store as shelter. His fireman, Gabriel was preparing to get going for today as he was packing essentials in his bag. He goes outside to check on the others. Gordon had also woke up and yawned.

"What a great sleep I had. Hello Gilbert, hello J- Ja- James?" Gordon turns to where James was supposed to be but he was missing! Gilbert instantly realized the missing red engine. Gilbert then looks at Emily the Stirling Single.

"Emily? Did you saw where James went?" asked Gilbert

"James? I- I don't know. When I woke up, he is long gone." answered Emily sadly.

Gabriel came out from the store, holding a piece of paper in his hand with writing on it. Gabriel told Gilbert to check out the paper. It reads the following:

"I am Jerich Hudson, James driver. I woke up night time to check on James as I was worried for him. It was worse than before the infection had reached, we have tried multiple methods like putting medication on it but it didn't work. My fireman was putting on radio when they heard an announcement from it. It was from the Viktor Corp and they were seeking any engines and people for refuge in Brendam and Killdane. It was a tough choice but it was for the better for my engine. We decided to go to Brendam to heal my red engine. You and the others can go to Vicarstown to the mainland. We will be fine in Brendam."

-Jerich Hudson

After finishing reading the paper. Gilbert only respect their decision and decided to tell the other engines whom was making up where James could go.

"Did James run away?" said Emily.

"I don't think James ran away in this apocalypse, I think something got him!" said Duck as he feared for him.

"That red engine must have left us earlier for Vicarstown. Didn't even wait for us to go." grumbles Gordon. Gilbert Gibbs then shouted and told the engines at the yard.

"James has gone for Brendam. The driver is going to Brendam to heal the engine." said Gilbert as the engines looked at Gilbert in suprised.

"Wait. Hold on so James went to Brendam to heal? Why do we need to go all this journey to Vicarstown when we can go to Brendam and asked for a ship. It is a more safer option rather than dangerous railroad up ahead." asked Duck to the others.

"I don't trust those Viktor Corp. They were shady when they came here to Sodor!" said Gordon as he expresses his distrust over the corporation.

"I don't care whatever you say, but I am not gonna go all those journey across the dangerous railway with parasites littered across because I am going to Brendam Docks!" said Duck crossly. The driver and fireman begin firing him up before whistling to the others.

 The driver and fireman begin firing him up before whistling to the others