1

Jeon Areum finished dressing up with the clothes her appa had selected for her. She wore black jean shorts, a white T-shirt, a denim jacket, and white sneakers. Her appa was extremely choosy with what she wore being a fashion icon himself. She put her tablet in her sling bag and headed out of her room. She went downstairs to find her appa in the living room doing something on his laptop.

I'm ready appa. Areum said standing in front of him. He looked up and studied her from top to bottom then set his laptop aside. He beaconed her over and fixed the collar of her jacket.

Where's your hat and mask?
Do I have to wear them today? Areum whined. She never really understood why her parents hid her identity. They always said it was for her safety but she had never felt like she was in any danger.
Yes, baby. I wish you didn't have to but daddy and I agreed it's not the right time yet. Or don't you want to see him?
I do appa. I miss him so much. He's been on tour for two months.
He is excited to see you too. One day you'll get to meet him without the masks, I promise. Be a little patient my little star. She hugged him because she saw how tears filled his eyes. He was sad. Though he never cried in front of her, she always saw how his eyes were sad sometimes as he looked at her.

I love you appa. I'll go get my hat and mask. Her appa kissed her forehead.
I love you too. Areum rushed back to her room.
Jimin stared after his daughter his tears finally spilling. He wiped them quickly when he thought she would turn around. He hated that they couldn't be with Jungkook freely. Hated that only a few people knew she was their daughter. He and Jungkook had decided before she was even born that she was to be hidden.
They hadn't been with Jungkook for two months since his group was on tour. They always accompanied him but Areum had not closed school so they stayed behind. They were picking him up from the airport then they'd have lunch together and coming right back home. Jungkook had no idea they were going anyway.

He closed his laptop and stood up as Areum was coming down. He took her hand and they headed out locking the door behind him. The driver opened the door as soon as he saw them. Areum got in the car after greeting the driver.
Good afternoon Jimin-ssi.
Hey James. Are we late?
No. Sejin told me to be there by 2 O'clock.
Okay. Jimin got in and helped Areum to buckle in. You remember what to do when we get to the airport, right? James got in after them and drove off.
Areum nodded, Mask and hat on, get in the back seat till daddy enters the car.
That's my little star.
Can I roll down the windows a bit to take his pictures?
Jimin looked at James and wandered how to answer his daughter. James nodded at him.
I'll try to park where the paparazzi won't get a clear shot of her. James told him still driving.
Thank you. Jimin told him before turning to Areum, You can roll it down for a minute when you see him. Besides you'll get to take his pictures when we go to lunch.
But I want one where he's getting out of the airport.
Jimin laughed, Areum was adorable. Though she looked like him, her character was more of Jungkook's. There were times when they couldn't resist her and Jungkook took her out. The first few times were okay since Jungkook had chosen less popular places but when he took her to an amusement park, some fans had spotted him and took his pictures with Areum. It was a PR nightmare. She wasn't known and that's what drove some fans crazy. They tried digging up about her but found nothing. Bighit had released a statement asking fans to respect his privacy.

When they got to the airport, James made sure to park besides a pillar and Areum had a good spot to take pictures. Jimin helped her put on her hat and mask and she moved to the back seat. She took out her iPad ready to take pictures. When they saw them getting out of the airport, Areum  rolled down the window and took a few pictures before rolling the windows back up.

Jimin saw Sejin guide Jungkook to their car. James opened the door and Jungkook got in quickly as he spotted Jimin. Once the door was closed, Jungkook pulled Jimin from his seat to his arms.
I missed you so much baby. Jungkook whispered kissing his neck making Jimin shiver. He felt like crying. Two whole months without Jungkook was absolute torture.
I missed you too.
I'm home now.