13

After the cops came and arrested Mr. Park and took their statements, they helped a shaken up Areum to relax and eventually fall asleep. Jimin had crawled in bed with her and he fell asleep moments later. Jungkook sat on the other side of Areum as he watched them both sleep. He caressed her cheek softly as he smiled. His family was finally safe. He could come out to the world as Jimin's husband but first he had to talk to his hyungs and his parents.

He got out of bed slowly after kissing Jimin and Areum's foreheads and left the room. He went into their bedroom and took his phone from the nightstand to call Namjoon. He sat on the bed as the phone dialed.

"Hyung do you have a minute?" He asked as soon as Namjoon picked up the phone. He heard Namjoon excuse some people and waited a bit before he finally spoke up.

"What's up kid?"

"Were you in a meeting?" He asked softly letting out a sigh for interrupting his hyung.

"Kinda? I was going through some lyrics with our producers for the album."

"I'm sorry."
"No it's no problem. How are you guys? Yoongi hyung told us you took Jimin home."

"Yeah and we're fine. Mr. Park was finally arrested. He has been hiding in our house hyung," Jungkook said softly letting his tears fall. He had maintained a strong facade in front of his family but he had been scared shitless to see a gun to his daughter's head. He'd frozen just like when Jimin got shot. And to think that man had been in their home all along. He could have hurt his daughter long ago save for his obsession with Jimin being gay.

"I'm calling the others, we're coming Kook?" Namjoon said quickly.
"No hyung. Jimin and Areum are finally sleeping and I want them to rest more. You can come tomorrow evening. I called about something else." He sniffed and wiped his tears.

"Okay. I know it must have been hard for you but we can talk about it tomorrow. Now tell me what you need?"

"Remember when we talked about coming out as Jimin's husband?"

"Is it time already? Has Jimin agreed to it?"
"Yes and no. Jimin and I talked a long while ago about it. We were on the same page that as long as his father was out of the picture we would make this step. It's just a matter of when now. We'll discuss this when he wakes up. I just wanted to let you know that we're ready."

"Alright. I'll let the others know about it. Remember we have a photoshoot in the morning."

"I remember. See you tomorrow hyung."
"Pass my regards to them." Jungkook hung up and threw the phone on the bed before he laid back the weight of the day finally catching up. He dozed off.

****
When he came too, he was covered in a comforter and his legs were up on the bed. That was clearly Jimin's doing. He sat up and looked at the clock. It was almost 8 o'clock. He slept for hours! He panicked and jumped out of bed. He had to make dinner, make sure Areum had done her homework and fold a pile of laundry he had done in the morning. He rushed downstairs to the kitchen only to stop at the door. His beautiful husband and daughter were already there making dinner while cracking up. He stared at them for a minute longer.

"Appa this is done." Areum said stirring some noodles. Jimin went over to check before turning off the stove.
"Get me kimchi from the fridge. Did halmeoni send another container?"
"I don't know." Areum shrugged heading to the fridge.

"Eomma will send some this weekend." Jungkook said joining his husband at the stove. He kissed Jimin's nape and heard Areum gag. "You okay baby? You should have woken me up."
"I know you needed the rest. Areum and I got this hmm. Go sit down." Jimin pushed him towards the stools.

Jungkook smiled and raised his arms then sat down. He just watched and joined the conversation as they finished cooking. They had a chatty dinner filled with light-hearted conversations. When they finished, Jungkook did the dishes as Jimin went to their room for his medications and Areum went to bed.

Jungkook cleaned up the countertops and poured himself a glass of wine then headed to the living room. He turned on the television to play a movie when Jimin joined him on the couch.

"Any pain?"
"It's just dull. So what's on your mind?" Jimin asked leaning his back against Jungkook's chest. They settled in a comfortable position.
"You really know me that well?"
"We've known each other for more than fifteen years, Koo. I'd like to believe I know my husband really well."
Jungkook laughed softly. Sassy Jimin always got him going. "Well I think it's time for me to show off my husband."

Jimin turned around quickly to look at him. He could see tears glistening in his eyes.
"Is it time?" Jimin asked softly while caressing Jungkook's left cheek. Jungkook nodded which earned him a passionate kiss. "I can't believe this. We are finally going to do this?"

"Yes baby. Your father can't hurt us anymore and I really want to brag about our little family to the world." Jimin hugged him tightly giggling.
"Careful love. Your wounds aren't healed yet."
"Don't care. Let me have this moment to be happy. I have wanted this for so long."

"I know. I love you Jeon-Park Jimin." He said looking at Jimin's eyes.
"I love you too Jeon Jungkook." Jimin smiled again then claimed his lips once again. They made out for a while until Jimin groaned in pain. They sat back on the couch to watch a movie.

Jungkook had no idea when they both passed out until they were woken up with Areum screaming bloody murder. They both ran upstairs to her room to find her struggling in her sleep still screaming. They both got in bed with her and hugged her.

"It's okay baby, it's just a nightmare. Appa and daddy are here. Wake up my little star." Jimin spoke softly to her. Jungkook smoothed her arm while he kissed her forehead when she woke up.
"I'm scared." Areum said in a tiny voice which broke their hearts.

"The bad man is gone now. We won't let him touch you again." Jungkook assured her.
"Want to sleep with us in our bed?" Jimin asked.
"Yes please."
"Let's go then. Babe can you go make sure everything is locked downstairs ? And turn off the lights." Jimin told Jungkook as they all got out of bed. Jungkook nodded and went downstairs as Jimin and Areum got in their bedroom.

He got in the bedroom after a few minutes. Jimin was leaning his back against the headboard as he ran his hands through Areum's hair. She was in the middle of the bed. Jungkook headed to the bathroom for a quick shower before he joined them in bed. He kissed Areum's forehead again.

"We can't let what happened earlier cause prolonged trauma to her. If it's another house we have to find or build then we'll do it." Jimin said in a shaky voice. Jungkook didn't know what else to do other than agree. Their daughter was always a priority.

"I love this house appa. I don't want to move." Areum said softly as she opened her eyes to look at them at a time.
"but-" Jimin tried to protest.
"Appa, daddy please." She pleaded with her puppy eyes. Jimin huffed.
"Fine, on one condition though."
"Anything."
"You'll receive professional help until you are fine." Areum huffed imitating her appa then nodded.

"Yah! I told you not to copy everything your daddy does!" Jimin scolded making both of the laugh. "I can't with both of you. Sleep. Now!"
"Yes sir!" they both muttered settling back in bed. Jimin made sure they were covered well before turning off the light and cuddling Areum.