15

"Our comeback day is almost here, congratulations to us." Namjoon said as he clapped his hands making the others join in hollering happily. It had been a while since they sat together like this with good news. He remembered the last time and Jungkook wasn't even there as they were still in the hospital. Back then they had proposed to postpone the date of the comeback till Jimin was okay. "Everything is finalized apart from the maknae's part. I don't know what you have in mind Jungkookie but you can tell us now."

"It's just a rough idea really. I wanted to write a song about Jimin and Areum but my mind has been so occupied to compose anything. I'm thinking I should do a remix of Euphoria since it's about them anyway and they can join me on stage then as I introduce them." Jungkook said looking at his band members one at a time. Some of their staff were also present but mostly to take notes on their decisions.

"That's not bad but at what live performance do you want to introduce them?" Seokjin asked.
"The first?"

"Too fast. You don't want to thrust them in the media at the beginning of promotions. It'll be hectic on both you and them. The paps won't leave you alone. I suggest you do it on the last show so you can have time with them as everything unfolds. Plus we'll be there for you." Yoongi said while tapping his finger on the table. His idea made a lot of sense, Jungkook hadn't thought of the media.

"Just admit you just want some downtime in their home." Seokjin said with a snicker making the others chuckle.
"Their mansion has everything. It's not like you don't love to spend time there." Yoongi retorted.
"Didn't say I don't. It's literally the perfect place to hide away."

Namjoon looked at Hoseok and Taehyung who had been oddly silent. Taehyung was looking at his hands on his lap squinting so hard while Hoseok was just looking at Jungkook. They were closest to Jimin and he wondered what was going on in their minds. "Hobi hyung any thoughts? Taehyung?"

Taehyung looked up when he heard his name. He looked at Namjoon then at Jungkook.
"I don't think it's a good idea to bring them on stage with you." Hobi said to which Taehyung nodded.

"What?" Jungkook asked in a small voice, "of all the people I expected both of you to support us."
"We do Jungkookie that's why we are telling you it isn't a good idea." Hobi said quickly.

"Think of it this way, the places we do our live performances aren't controlled by the company's security. They have their own security which is lousy and we go with a few of our own." Taehyung finally said. "I'm happy for you for finally making this step but don't risk their safety."

"Our fans while I love them so much, there are some who are obsessed with us and especially you Jungkook. Before you moved how many times did they send you stuff at your penthouse?Some even physically showed up at your door before security was beefed up."

"What Hoseok and Taehyung are saying is that we can't trust any other security detail other than the one hired by the company." Sejin said from his seat.

Jungkook shrank in his seat, "I promised Jimin we'd be finally free, you want me to postpone it?" Namjoon could see tears pooling in his bambi eyes.
"No way! Listen Jungkookie, you will deliver on that promise. We'll come up with something." Yoongi said.
"How about just showing your family pictures in the background while you perform Euphoria?" Jin asked.
"That's actually a really good idea. Jimin can be in the audience for that. Two birds one stone." Namjoon said.
"Everyone will be safe."
"Then on our next tour, you'll have written a song and they can join you on stage." Tae said happily.
Jungkook sighed. They had his back, his members would support him to the very end. He couldn't wait to tell Jimin about it.

Once they finished the meeting, they headed to the dance studio to go over and polish their choreographies. They practiced for more than for hours with only thirty minutes break for lunch.
It was getting dark when they decided to stop for the day. One of the stylists handed them each a towel and a bottle of water. Jungkook drank the water first before dabbing his face with the small towel to wipe off the sweat. Their manager approached them with some papers handing them to everyone. Jungkook read through it quickly already planning the changes. He knew once Jimin read through the paper he'd groan dramatically but still follow through the diet strictly.

"That's your diet plan until the comeback season is over. Tomorrow you have outfit reveal and fitting so make sure you maintain your weight. You know how Jimin-ssi gets when it comes to altering the outfits. Plus I don't want him pissed at me for allegedly overworking you." Sejin said earning a few snickers at the memory of an angry Jimin scolding their manager for loosing alot of weight. "Also remember your album is dropping next Friday so you have less than seven days to brush up on anything you haven't yet. Once promotions are over, you can hibernate for a month then back to planning a new album and tour but we'll cross that bridge when we get there."

"Sounds like a plan." Hobi injected wiping his forehead with a towel.
"You are free to leave. See you early tomorrow. I already sent tomorrow's schedule to the group chat. Good night everyone." Several goodnights were echoed back as everyone prepared to leave.

Jungkook picked up his small bag and followed his hyung's out of the studio. He was going to shower at home so he didn't bother to stop by his own private studio. They entered the elevator and went down to the basement parking. They bid each other goodbye and entered their respective cars. He started the car and drove out of the basement. He was excited to spend a chill night with Jimin and Areum.

When he parked the car in the garage, he got out and headed in the house to find Jimin and Areum giggling to some videos they were watching on TV. He smiled as he approached them.
"Hey babe." He whispered as he pecked Jimin on the lips.
"Hey." Jimin whispered back. "How was your day?"
"Good."
"Hi dad." Areum greeted as she kissed his cheek and went back to watching the TV.
"How was school?"
"Not bad. We did a test that's all. There's a parents teachers meeting on Wednesday next week, appa said he'll come."
"Why not me?" He asked with a pout making both of them giggle.
"Dad you will be busy with your album release."
"Go take a shower you big baby." Jimin pushed him slightly to emphasize on his words.
He stood up and headed upstairs for a quick shower. He cleaned up in less than thirty minutes and headed back down to his small family.

"By the way, we discussed our coming out with the hyungs and managers. We'll do it at last live performance though you won't join me on stage as we had anticipated for your safety."

"That's fine. Areum doesn't even attend those shows anyway. We can wait till your tour love."
"This is why my love for you keeps growing." Jungkook said kissing Jimin's forehead.
"Ew dad! You are so cheesy." Areum said making Jungkook pull her over to tickle her. The two of them played like that for a while till Jimin stopped then to go have dinner.

"My mum visited me at the office." Jimin suddenly said as they were eating. Jimin had made mak-guksu since Areum was craving it. Jungkook and Areum stopped eating and looked at Jimin.
"Are we supposed to be happy about it?" Jungkook asked unsure of what reaction to have. It's not like they hated her, she was just a sore subject.
"I guess. She wants to make amends and I would also like her to bond with Areum if that's okay with both of you."
"You know I have no problem with that. She's your mother afterall and she helped keep that man away from us however she could."
"What about you little star?"
"Promise you won't get mad appa."
"Never at you baby. You know your opinion matters to us." Jimin assured her as her took her small hand.

"I want to meet halmeoni but not now. You and daddy got hurt because of harabeoji and I'm not sure if I can forgive them that easily. I was terrified I would lose you. For now I can only tolerate seeing uncle Jihyun but not halmeoni. I'm sorry appa."

"Don't apologise for that little star. I understand you and I'll tell her to wait till you are ready, okay? I told her she has to earn my trust again before I let her in so I truly understand you my baby. For the longest time it has been the three of us and with time I would like for our family to be complete."

"With time babe. All of us need to heal completely before we let others in." Jungkook said. "Now let's finish our dinner then we can watch a movie, yeah?"

Jimin and Areum agreed and continued eating. They had raised Areum to always speak what was on her mind. To know that her opinion was valued. Jimin had sworn when he got pregnant that they wouldn't raise their children with fear like how he was raised. They were going to raise them like how Jungkook was raised surrounded with love and lots of warmth.