~ Chapter - 32 ~

(About the Picture- Ilaria, Kiara and Carmella.)

- T H I R D  P E R S O N -

"How dare he?" Kiara scowled. "You can't just let it go Aria. He is a dumb, ungrateful, stupid, crazy psycho-"

"Okay okay I get it. Calm down." 

"Don't ask me to calm down. Your brother is the one who should do it!"

"I know, Kiara, I know."

"You should tell Aunt Serena." Kiara said plopping down on her bed. She has always hated her bestfriend's brothers but that was freaking low, even for them. And she thought Xavier was the worst one. Ilaria didn't respond and sat down next to her. Kiara was rightfully angry but there are many reactions to very action and right now, the twins' reactions will not be pleasing.

"I don't want to. He already feels I manipulate her and-" She said but Kiara didn't let her finish.

"You still care what he feels? Are you dumb?" She scoffed. "You know what I think? You are the one he is manipulating. How can you not see what he is doing?"

"It's not about him Kiara. I don't want others to stand up for me anymore. I don't want mom or dad or Lijah or you or Carmella or anyone else to speak up for me. I want to do that myself. And you need to understand that. Please." Ilaria said. 

Kiara was trying her best to understand her friend but she couldn't. If it was her in Ilaria's position, she would've told her parents immediately. Physical violence is never fine. What if he repeats it again? If she won't tell anyone, nobody will know, it will be way easier for him to lie and get away with it.

But Ilaria's situation was different. Her family equations were different. And no matter what, you can never compare one person's situation with other. Ilaria knew everything will only worsen if she tells her parents. Things with only escalate.

"I get that." Kiara sighed. "I really do Aria but this whole thing is serious. Xander losing control like this is not by any means normal. And I have a feeling it's not gonna be the last time either. You need to at least tell someone in your family. Anyone. For your own safety."

"You are right." Ilaria breathed out. She was still shaken up from the incident with Xander and she knew all her confidence and strength will leave her body if she has to face that again. She has never been the best at confronting people. She has always believed in forgiving and forgetting.

But sometimes, you need to remember what people did to you. You can't forgive everything especially when the person hasn't even apologized. You are not responsible for how people behave with you but you are responsible for letting them get away with that behaviour over and over again.

"But I don't know who to tell. Dad will just get too angry and won't think rationally. Mom would be the same. Maybe she'll scold them but that would be it. They don't really listen to them."

"Then who do they listen to?" Kiara groaned. "Your older brother?"

"They used to listen to him. But they don't really talk since he sided with me on my birthday." Ilaria said quietly. A part of her still felt guilty for what happened that day. Xavier didn't leave any chance to remind her that it was her fault Elijah didn't talked to them anymore.

"But there is no harm in trying, is it? You guys have to live together for a long time Aria. The least they can do is being civil and respectful to you."

"Not for a long time." Ilaria laughed. 

"What do you mean?" 

"My scholarship was approved." Ilaria said. "And before you get angry, no one knows except mom and dad. And they know only cause I needed their signatures."