Chapter Five - Locks

A/N: Hellooooo everyone! I'm not dead! Lol
This chapter was astonishingly hard to write. But getting another vote helps heaps! If you wanna see more, please vote and comment, any interaction helps tremendously :)
Without further ado, enjoy!

Tick
Tock
Tick
Tock

The clock was the only sound in the room. It was so tense you could have cut it with a butter knife, and Dipper was sick of sitting here, watching seconds tick over into minutes.

"Right. I'm going to get us out of here" Dipper said, pushing his chair out from under the table. Luckily, he always kept a bobby pin on him, just in case.

Stan nodded a little, clearly still very uncomfortable. Hopefully they would both be out of this nightmare simulation soon.

As he wiggled the bobby pin in and out of the lock, Dipper grew increasingly frustrated. This stupid fucking lock wouldn't open, and it showed no signs of getting there, either.

"Argh! Just open!" He jammed the pin into the lock, hard. It snapped in two.

He groaned, slumping against the door, head in hands. He'd love nothing more than to kick down the door, but a small, weak boy had no chance of smashing a thick, oak door.

"Um…so…My-Dipper…when did you figure out you were t-trans?" Stan gingerly sat next to Dipper, who peeked out from behind his arms.

"Uh…well…I guess when I was 13ish? Some of my friends came out and introduced me to LGBTQ, and it was pretty chill for a while. Then I just woke up one day, looked at myself in the mirror and the person who looked back was just not a girl. So I spoke to some of them about it and came to the conclusion that I was a guy. I told Mabel, then my parents, and yeah. Here we are, I guess."

Stan was confused. How could you be a different gender? But Dipper was clearly trying, so he had to try to. For his grandnephew.

"Ah. Ok."

The door unlocked with a satisfying click.

They both stood up, startled, as Mabel opened the door, a shit eating grin adorning her face.

"MABEL! HOW DARE YOU!" Dipper chased her around, trying to catch her while Mabel almost fell several times, trying to breathe through her laughter.

"Understand a little better now?" Ford clapped him on the shoulder. Stan smiled.

"Yeah. I do."

Kinda short, but oh well :)
I've been working on some other stories and some commissions as well, but I'll try to update in a week.
-Callisto