o. chapter two

CHAPTER TWO

Maegelle walks callously in the halls of her father

Maegelle walks callously in the halls of her father. Her eyes flashing as she remembers her childhood. These same halls, these same servants were once part of her mundane life. 

She wasn't there when her mother died. She doesn't know what she felt in those last moments. And perhaps, she felt sorry because she wasn't there in her last dying moments. 

Her hands push her son's back to walk, following the servants who would lead them to their chambers. 

Mayhaps, Maegelle still believed that she was a child, and that her great-grandsire and great-grandmother would still be there to defend her. "It looks so beautiful," Jaehaerys murmured staring at the large chandeliers that adorned a few of the rooms. Winterfell wasn't as beautiful as this. Her husband, though rich he may be — was very stingy when it came to his resources. He believed that winter was coming, and lavishness was only a thing of the past. 

It led to Maegelle stitching her own gowns or asking her grandfather (Jon Arryn) for funds. She smiles lightly, halting in front of the same familiar yellow doors. The only door in the red keep painted in any color. 

"Is this our room?" Jaehaerys asked and she shakes her head. "You will have another room," she responded and he looks around nervously. "But I'm scared." he argued while opening the heavy-wooden doors. Her little boy was always sweet — it reminded her of his namesake. 

"There's no reason to be afraid, I will always be here." she promised before walking towards the crib and placing Cregan on it. "But what if a lord talks to me and he sounds like a southerner?" Jaehaerys inquires and his mother bites back a chuckle. 

What happened to not being afraid? 

"Darling, you forget that I am from the south." her mouth curved into a smile, hearing a few more maids slip into their room and prepare it for them. "Yes, but The Vale is closer to the North than Kingslanding." he reasoned and she rolls her eyes. 

Everyone always assumes that she's an Arryn. 

"I am from Kingslanding." she corrects and he scratches the back of his head. She could sense his weariness, and it was ever her duty to comfort him. She kneels down to his level, the top of her head slightly being taller than him by a few inches. "Listen Jae, as long as I am here — no harm will come to you." she promised and he leans into her warm embrace. 

He was always safe with mother. 

—— 

Daemon's eyes bore into her, almost piercing holes behind her head. She grew more beautiful with every passing second — to the point that he could memorize every indention in that perfect nose of hers, every wrinkle in the sides of her eyes and every freckle on her pale skin. 

"I'm glad that you have returned," Viserys smiled as he presses a soft kiss to his daughter's cheek. She was across the table, but Daemon was still able to catch a whiff of her feminine scent — a light smell of lilies and blue rose. It was seductive and alluring, to the point that there mere thought of the scent made his stomach blossom with lust.