𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-𝖿і᥎ᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆

Happy 2023!!!

You are officially at the half way point, don't know what else to say, but enjoy ig

He's ignored me for a week

A week has gone by and all I've gotten from him are mumbles and half greetings.

He hates me.

And I don't even know what I've done wrong.

I've tried talking to him so many times, but he just brushes me off like I'm not even there.

It's killing me.

I'm breaking every single time he avoids my eye contact.

I'm breaking every time he walks away

I'm breaking knowing I'm losing my best friend.

I'm breaking knowing I'll lose myself when it happens.

I glanced out my window and saw him leaning against his usual spot in my car. He doesn't even come inside to greet me every morning.

And I know I'm overreacting. I know. But he's my best friend. He's been there through everything. And to think that he hates me, that I hurt him. Even if for an unidentified reason, it still makes my heart slowly crack every time I think of it. So it may be overreacting, but I deserve to overreact once in a while.

"Hey, Ethan," I grinned, feigning cheerfulness.

Not a word. Not a single word.

Still overreacting?

"Okay you're being held hostage now," I began as I started to drive. It only took about two minutes to get to school, so I needed to get this done as soon as possible. "What the hell is going on with you? And don't say you're fine we both know that's a lie. I get that you're dealing with all your crap, believe me, I get that, but that doesn't give you the right to take all that crap out on me. Regardless of what it is. So you can either fess up or tell me something. Anything. I can't take not knowing what I did wrong, and I can't take this. I can't take you not telling me. Please, Ethan. I'm begging you." my voice broke countless amount of times, but I didn't care. I just need him back.

I slowly pulled into the school trying to delay his answer, but he was silent even after we made our way into the parking space.

"I'm fine," Ethan stubbornly muttered, before opening the door, getting out of the car, and slamming the door shut. I flinched at the noise and shaking it left in the car

A tear fell down my face without my permission. That was it. he was gone. I just have to move on and stop being a baby. Boys don't cry. My mother repeated that to me over and over as a child. She was right. I needed to stop. He was gone. He left me like everyone else. All I could do now was just suck it up and move on. Sounds easy, right?

I wiped the lone tear on my face and pushed back the ones forming in my eyes. I opened the car door, shut it behind me, and made my way toward the main school doors. Mr. Wallis was first, which I wasn't dreading but wasn't excited about it either.

The classroom was almost full when I entered. I saw Ethan in the corner of the room but walked over to my football friends instead.

"Hey, Aiden," I greeted, sitting down beside him.

"Hi, Matteo," He said softly, looking me in the eyes. I realized now that his eyes were hazel-brown. The colors morphed perfectly together. Almost like artwork.

I could see him talking, probably to me, but I couldn't hear anything he was saying.  I shut my eyes tight and distracted my mind.

*********