Aftermath

Serena sat in the kitchen with Rory, still able to hear every word her grandparents and  parents were saying out there

"It's not about us." She told  No Rory softly.
"It's about them and their plans and the fact is, look at who are parents are. They both say we were the result of their defiance and rebelliousness, not the cause. They would have done their own thing anyway."

She wasn't sure that true, but it sounded better than admitting that she and her sister had screwed up everyone's lives.

She winced as Straub's voice carried.
"Our son was bound for Princeton. Every Hayden male attended Princeton myself included, but it all stopped with Christopher.
It's a humiliation we've had to live with every day, all because she seduced him into ruining his life. She had those babies and ended his future."

Serena winced and turned to Rory.
"Well, maybe we should be thankful that we ended up with our parents instead of."

"Yeah." Rory said weakly as the yelling continued

"At least they know at least they
acknowledge you." Rory commented.

"Because they have to." Serena  told her, having no illusions otherwise. She knew her grandparents loved her, in their own weird way, but she also knew that part of it was because they had been forced too.

"I live with Dad, so they acknowledge me and mom hardly saw her own parents till recently, do you think she'd wanted them around when they represent everything she ran from?"

The yelling continued and then Serena heard the slamming of doors.

"I think it's over." She told her sister quietly.

"Yeah." Rory said softly.
"You're really going to live with those people?"

"Yeah." Serena  said with a sigh.
"It's gonna be fun, huh? But it's only for a few months and at least you and Mom'll be nearby."

She wasn't at all certain about living with the Haydens, but she hadn't really had a choice. Besides, at least it meant being back on the East Coast and being near her mother and sister. That was a plus, at least.
__________________________

After that wonderful display with Haydens and another scene with her father, Lorelai found herself out on her old balcony. It was where she always hid after a scene with her parents or during some boring function. She wasn't surprised when Christopher joined her on the
balcony.

"That was..." He began. "That was a memorable evening."

Lorelai looked at him. "Oh, yes, it was beautiful in there. We should commemorate it with an oil painting or a severed head or something."

"Next time we get this group together we're gonna have to frisk for weapons." Christopher joked.

"Hand out gags." Lorelai added.