Changes

Serena was surprised to see Tristan waiting by her locker when she got to school on Monday. She was even more surprised to see that he had two concert tickets in his hand.
"Who are those for?" She asked as she shoved her books in the locker.
"You," Tristan said simply. "Two tickets to see No Doubt in New York next week."
Serena raised her eyebrows, knowing that Tristan wasn't exactly a big fan of the band, no matter how hot he thought Gwen Steffani was. "I thought you weren't interested anymore," Serena said lightly, not sure at all what the tickets meant.
"I was always interested, I just had to calm down," Tristan told her.
"I'm still seeing Colin, sometimes." Serena wanted him. "As well as a couple of other guys."
For example, she was seeing Robert the next night for the ballet. She didn't want to scare off Tristan, but she wanted to be upfront about the fact that this wouldn't be an exclusive thing.
"I hate it," Tristan told her. "But I'll deal with it. I've had a month to realize I'd rather wait in line to see you than not see you at all. So does that mean you'll go to the concert with me?"

"Sure," Serena said, taking one of the tickets and putting it in her purse. "I'll definitely go with you." She smiled coyly at Tristan. "You know these sorts of reunions warrant kisses."

"Do they now?" Tristan asked, pulling her towards him even as he spoke.
Serena let him push her against her locker, savouring the feel of his warm, hard body against her. She didn't want to date Tristan exclusively, but she'd missed him and she was definitely glad to be seeing him again...

 She didn't want to date Tristan exclusively, but she'd missed him and she was definitely glad to be seeing him again

Rory blinked when she got to school and saw her sister and Tristan plastered against her locker in a deep lip lock.
"I thought they'd stopped doing that," Paris commented from behind her.
"So did I," Rory said dryly. She sighed and then tapped her sister on the shoulder.
A moment later, Serena pulled away from Tristan. "Hey, Ror, what's up?" She asked as if nothing out of the ordinary had just happened.
"Um, not much," Rory said awkwardly, watching in amazement as her twin opened her locker and started fixing her lip gloss.
"I've got to run to class," Tristan said after a moment. "You free tonight?"
"I am," Serena told him. "Call me."
"Will do." Tristan agreed and then he gave Serena a quick kiss before heading down the hallway, a smug grin on his face.
"I thought you guys weren't talking, let alone kissing?" Rory commented.
Serena shrugged. "He bought me No Doubt tickets and said he was willing to accept a casual thing, so I said yes."
Rory had a million things she wanted to say, but she knew better than to say them. As her mother kept telling her, she and Serena were very different people and she had no right to judge how Serena ran her life or her relationships.
"He just came up to you like that and you forgave him without any issue?" Rory asked after a moment.
Serena shrugged. "I like Tristan. A lot. I enjoy being with him, I just didn't want to date him exclusively, but once he was willing to accept that, why would I keep punishing him away?"
Rory paused, wondering if Dean would see that same logic. If she went to Dean and told him that she loved him would that be enough? Would he take her back or was it too late? It was strange to be influenced by her sister's love life, but she was and for the first time in months, she felt hopeful again...