The Hamptons

"How does freedom feel?" Colin asked Serena, his arm wrapped around her shoulders as they watched the bonfire

It was Serena's first night at the Huntzberger's house in the Hamptons. The summer session was over (for her at least) and it was the beginning of the holiday weekend and the true beginning of her summer fun.
"Wonderful," Serena said with a smile. "This place is awesome. Does Logan spend a lot of time up here?"
"Some, but not really in the summer because the Huntzberger's fill it with people," Colin said with a laugh. "And the goal is to avoid being around the family, but we've still managed to have some good parties here. It helps that everyone else is up here too."
Serena nodded. She, Colin, and Seth were staying with Logan's family, but many of their other friends were in the Hamptons as well, just not at the Huntzberger home. Robert and Stephanie's parents both had houses as well and so did a few other members of their social circle.

Your parents don't have vacation homes?" Serena inquired, a little surprised because most rich people did. The Gilmores didn't, because Emily didn't like to do the same thing every summer, so they went to Europe or leased a house in the Hamptons or whatever, depending on her mood. The Haydens spent time with friends or in their house in California or they went back to Europe or the London house.
"My mom and Peter spend the summer in Maine," Colin told her. "They also have a beach house in California. As for my father, I think he figures with a dozen luxury hotels across the world, he doesn't need a separate vacation home."
"That makes sense." Serena agreed with a smile. "Will you be spending time with your parents this summer?"
"Not if I can help it," Colin told her, making a face. "My mother doesn't expect me to make an appearance, thank God, and I might spend a week or two with my father, but mostly they're leaving me to my own devices. Just the way I like it."
Serena laughed. "There is an advantage to that." The Haydens basically let her do whatever she wanted and she had to admit, it was pretty nice. "I am so not looking forward to having rules come September."
"Do you think it will be that bad?" Colin asked her.
Serena shrugged. "I have no idea. Dad and I've always gotten along really well, but there's his new girlfriend and his new commitment to being a stricter parent, so we'll see."
She was still resentful about the changes that awaited her and a tiny part of her wished she could just stay with Straub and Francine, but she knew that neither of her parents would go for that. Plus she'd really missed Christopher and she was sure once she was actually back living with him, things would go back to normal.
"I'm sure you'll figure it out," Colin assured her, "Plus you plan on spending most weekends in Connecticut, right?"

"As many as possible," Serena agreed, though she knew her dad would object to every weekend "I want to see my mom and Rory."

"Just your mom and Rory?" Colin teased, playing with her long hair.
"Maybe someone else as well," Serena admitted with a smile.
"That's what I thought," Colin said, leaning down to kiss her deeply.

"Do you two ever stop?" Logan asked, coming up behind them with three drinks in his hand. He handed one to each of them and then sat down.
"On occasion," Serena said with a laugh. Actually, it occurred to her that she and Colin had never discussed how the trip was going to work. They'd be in the Hamptons for two weeks and they weren't exclusive, so would they be hooking up with other people while they were there? Would it be awkward?
Without meaning to, Serena's gaze landed on Robert, who was chatting up some blonde. If she was going to hook up with anyone other than Colin, it would likely be Robert... Since the night they'd eaten McDonald's on his living room floor things had changed between them. They'd gone out a few more times and it was less formal. Serena was really starting to get to know Robert and found that she really liked him as a person. It wasn't the same passionate intensity she felt for Colin or Tristan, but she always had a good time with him.
"Are you ready for two weeks of sun and fun?" Logan asked her after a moment.
"Oh yes," Serena told him. "This place is great and I'm planning on enjoying every moment."
"It's better when there are no adults around," Logan said with a grin, "and speaking of which, my parents have agreed to let me have the place in Marthas Vineyard  to myself for a week at the end of August as a pre-Yale send-off."
"That sounds amazing," Serena said with a smile, "too bad I'm supposed to be in Boston in August. Plus my mom is getting married the weekend before school starts." And Max would be away for most of the summer, so Serena had promised to help with the wedding plans.