A Parisian date

Rory walked into the classroom, the next day, carrying a tray full of coffee and a box of doughnuts

Rory walked into the classroom, the next day, carrying a tray full of coffee and a box of doughnuts. It was eight o'clock and the morning and Rory suspected that only she and Paris would be truly functional this early on a Saturday, so the coffee would be a good thing.
"Hey." She greeted, seeing Louise lying across several desks and Madeline with her head buried in a magazine. Paris was sorting through her notes and Serena was slumped in a chair, with dark sunglasses over her eyes.
"Wow, did you bring coffee?" Madeline asked her eagerly.
"And doughnuts in the shape of clowns," Rory confirmed with a smile.
"Hey, they've got hats!" Madeline exclaimed, opening the box.
"Well, a clown just isn't a clown without a hat," Rory told her, then turned to her sister. "Hey sleepyhead, here's your caramel macchiato with an extra shot."
"You're my favourite sister," Serena said, taking the coffee without opening her eyes.

"I'm your only sister," Rory said, rolling her eyes before she turned to Paris. "Here is your decaf with soy milk."
"Thanks," Paris told her, taking the coffee.
"You're welcome," Rory said genuinely. "So, I read your doctrine and I think our imaginary kingdom is off to a pretty good start."
"Yeah?" Paris asked eagerly.
"Yeah," Rory confirmed. "I mean the taxes are a little high and the landowner's power should be regulated a little more."
"It was a different time back then." Paris pointed out.
"Yeah, but the fundamental human needs were the same," Rory argued.
"We're supposed to set it up within-" Paris began, but Louise cut her off.
"Ding, ding, ding." She interrupted. "No debating until I've had coffee."
"And a clown," Madeline said perkily, handing Louise a doughnut.
"Ladies." Tristan greeted, as he and the other two guys in their group entered the room.
"Hi, Tristan!" Madeline exclaimed perkily.
"Hey." Rory greeted.
Serena stayed completely silent, not even acknowledging Tristan.
"Paris, can I talk to you for a sec?" He asked, focusing on Paris.
"Oh, sure ok." She said, looking confused. She stood up and followed Tristan out of the classroom.

"And that is about what pray tell?" Louise asked as soon as they were gone.

"I don't know," Madeline said with a shrug. "The project maybe."
Rory had a pretty good idea, she thought that Tristan might be following her advice and because of that she purposely avoided looking at her sister.
"They could've talked project here." Louise pointed out. "It's something else. Something private. Something he doesn't want to be discussed in front of his ex, maybe."
This was said with a look at Serena. Rory didn't follow her gaze, since she was sure her sister was still mad at her.
"Scandal," Madeline said in an excited tone.
"Maybe." Louise agreed. "Though it is Paris."
"Scandal-lite," Madeline said after a moment.
"All the taste, but much fewer calories." Louise quipped.
"We could spy?" Madeline suggested.
"Or we could wait for her to come back and see if she wants us to know," Rory told them.
Louise gave her a disdainful look. "Those who simply wait for information to find them, spend a lot of time sitting by the phone." She informed her. "Those who go out and find it themselves, have something to say when it rings."
"Nietzsche?" Rory guessed sarcastically.
"Dawson," Serena told her.
"My next guess," Rory muttered.