Crime and Punishments

Serena had spent a lot of time with Colin, Logan and their circle since the party. She really liked them, even Stephanie who was still a little frosty towards her. Tonight was her official initiation to the group and she was determined not to fail. The circle was all in attendance for a charity event at one of her grandparent's friend's estates.

"So," Logan drawled "it's time starlight... You've got to drive a car from the event lot and back without being caught"
Everyone was watching her carefully, Colin's arm was around her shoulder and her brain was going five hundred miles per hour.
"How long for?" she replied noticing they were shocked at her reply
"Round the block and back," Robert said smiling mischievously
"Scared Serena?" Stephanie asked
"Not even a little" she smirked

She withdrew herself from Colin and walked towards the valets, she'd noticed one earlier checking her out in her long gold dress. She had a vague plan of action but it wasn't Rory who would've had to plan the whole thing out to do something like this, well not that Rory would ever consider doing anything like this. She could imagine how her mother and sister would react if they found out, her dad would be trying to scold her but would probably find it hilarious she mused. It wasn't a big deal, she wasn't stealing, just borrowing and it was a harmless dare.

"Hey, it's getting warm in there," she said in a southern accent as she fanned herself near her breasts where she noticed his eyes looking, "I'm Savannah, what's your name?"

"Derek-kk" the young valet stammered a bit in shock that this rich beautiful girl was paying him attention

She continued flirting getting close to him as she continued her southern debutant act. Then she accidentally fell into him grabbing a key from the open cupboard behind Derek and quickly putting it in her open clutch.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I must be a little lightheaded still, are you ok sugar?"

"Yeah I'm fine Savannah, are you ok?"
"Yeah I'm fine, I better be heading back inside the event or they'll be wondering about me but it was nice meeting you," she said with a wink

Then she left towards the event before making her way towards where the valets were parking the cars. She pressed the unlock button on the keys and proceeded to the red Ferrari whose lights flashed.
She turned the car on and quickly drove out to the front where the gang were watching, she beeped, waved and zoomed off.

__________________________

"LET'S HEAR IT FOR SERENA GILMORE HAYDEN!" Logan said when she was back in the Warrington's pool house
"Somebody get this woman a drink," Colin said as he lifted her and spun her around.
"You had that valet eating out your hand," Rose said
"Not my hand, Savannah's," she said in her fake southern accent.
"That was legendary, an initiation for the ages"

The party continued for a few more hours, laughing, talking drinking, and kissing, Serena enjoyed kissing Colin. This was one of the best events shed been to and didn't think she made going to more as long as she was with her friends.

__________________________

How's my favourite girl?" Christopher asked warmly. He was calling to check in with Serena.
"Hi, Daddy," Serena said, happy to hear her father's voice on the other end of the phone. She talked to Christopher three or four times a week, but it wasn't the same as actually seeing him.
"I'm thinking of moving the business back East." He told her. "You seem happier being close to your mother and sister."

"So you'd come to Connecticut?" Serena asked, trying to process the idea.

"Maybe, maybe not," Christopher told her. "I'm not sure I could handle being that close to my parents, but somewhere nearby. How would you feel about that?"
"Sounds great," Serena told him. "I really like being back here, being close to Mom and Rory. I've made friends."
It had been two weeks since the Paris/Tristan date debacle and the party at Colin's house and Serena had socialized with Logan and Colin and their circle several times and was now fitting in quite well.
"That's my girl," Christopher said proudly.
Serena laughed. "Is this when I tell you I stole a car?"
There was a silence on the other end. "Excuse me?" Christopher said finally.
"It was a dare," Serena told him. "I had to take a car from a party, drive it around the block and then bring it back."
That had been her 'initiation' task. She hadn't shared the news with Rory or Lorelai, since she knew neither of them would approve, to say the least, but Christopher...
"You stole a car." He said quietly.
"Well, sort of," Serena told him. "I gave it back and the owners never even knew it was gone."
"How did you..." Christopher asked, then froze. "Do I even want to know?"
"It was a charity thing. There were valets. I got... cosy with one of them, got the keys away from him." Serena told her. "I took the car and then I returned it ten minutes later and smuggled the keys back, no one even knew they were gone."
Christopher exhaled loudly. "What were you thinking?" He asked after a moment.
"Dad..."
"Don't 'dad' me, Serena Christina Gilmore Hayden," Christopher told her from the other end. "That was in no way cool, it was irresponsible and... God, I can't believe you were that stupid."
"Nobody got hurt." Serena defended, a little surprised by his anger. Christopher never played the parent card with her and he never used her full name.
"It was still stupid," Christopher said. "What were you thinking? Wait, of course, you weren't."
Serena was a little surprised that Christopher was coming across so heavy, he never did. Usually, she did something, like getting kicked out of school and he just smiled, but apparently, there was a limit. Interesting.
"You're grounded," Christopher announced.
"What!" Serena shrieked. She'd never been grounded before. Okay, this was not cool. It was like her father was suddenly changing the rules on her and it sucked.
__________________________