Chilton

It was her first day at Chilton

It was her first day at Chilton. Francine had just dropped her off after a meeting with Headmaster Charleston. Before Francine had left she had informed her that they were going shopping for "suitable clothes" after school and maybe they could "do something about her hair while they were at it" and this was where Serena ran into issues with her grandparents: they just had so many expectations. Serena sighed and fiddled with said hair. She liked how she looked, it was her thing, though it didn't surprise her that her grandmother objected. It was too bad they ignored Rory, she fit their qualifications there.
Serena looked down at her uniform, did these things ever not suck? She doubted it. Oh, well, at least at this school she had Rory and that was a plus. Besides, she figured she'd have her mom hem the skirt for her, since Francine had provided it and it was too long for Serena's tastes-she was the push the limits type and a skirt that fell at her knees was not that. She'd rolled it up as soon as Francine had left, but she'd prefer a permanent solution.

"Hey beautiful" A good-looking blonde boy drawled as Serena entered the classroom.

She shot him a knowing look,

"Yes " She said with a smile

"Who might you be?"

Serena decided to have a little fun, help the rumour mill a bit. "Serena Gilmore Hayden, I'm new here."

The boy smiled slightly. "Yes, you are. I'm Tristan DuGrey."
So this was Tristan. Interesting.
"Should that mean something to me?" Serena asked in a bored tone.

"This school seriously has dropped it admission standards, new money types have no class" An imperious looking blonde asked her friend as she entered the class room

"Excuse me?" Serena asked, glaring at the bitch. "Do I know you?"

The girl looked disconcerted. "I was just commenting on the school losing its enrollment standards this year."
"Apparently."
"Paris, this is Serena Gilmore Hayden, she's new here." Tristan introduced.

Paris, well that fit what Rory had told her.
Paris didn't look impressed. "Gilmore? As in Rory Gilmore" she paused decided it didn't matter "Chiton is a difficult school."

"I'm aware of that." Serena told her. "That's why my grandparents chose it."

She wondered whether she'd see her sister, soon she hoped, because this was not a fun crowd, though they were entertaining.

"I'm sorry, you just don't look like you cut it." Paris said, not sounding sorry at all.
"Well, I assure you, Rome, was it? that I can cut it." Serena asked mockingly.

Paris' companions, a brunette and a blonde, giggled before she sent them a death glare.

"I'll say." Tristan told her, giving her an appreciative look. "And just so you know, if you need anything, just ask me. I can show you the ropes."