Party Gals

"You totally don't have to go to the party with me

"You totally don't have to go to the party with me." Serena told Rory when they got home after several hours of running errands.
They'd completed every errand on the list. It wasn't Serena's ideal way to spend a Saturday, but if it made Rory feel better, then mission accomplished.

"No, I want to go." Rory told her.
Serena and Lorelai both looked at her.
"You want to go to a Chilton party?" Lorelai asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Yes." Rory replied. "I told Serena I would, besides it might be fun."
"Rory, you don't have to do this." Serena told her. "I'm totally cool going by myself." And she was. It wasn't like she hadn't done it before, actually this might be the first party, other than like family things, she and Rory had ever gone to together.
"Hey, I'm going to be going to school there for the next two and a half years." Rory pointed out. "It wouldn't kill me to be social, right? What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing." Lorelai told her, but Serena could see that she looked doubtful.

Ok, then it's settled." Rory told her. "Serena and I are going to the party."
"Um, can I make a suggestion?" Lorelai asked.
"Go ahead." Rory told her.
"Why don't you see if Lane can come with you?" Lorelai suggested. "You know that way if the socializing doesn't turn out how you planned you got a friendly face around and, well, Serena can do her own thing."
"Mom, that's not necessary." Serena told her. "I'd be happy to stick with Rory."
"No, it's a good idea." Rory told her. "You really wanted to go to this party."
Serena nodded, wondering if it made her selfish to be relieved that she wouldn't have sole charge over the task of watching over Rory.
Rory looked at Serena. "We're taking your car right?"
"That was the plan." Serena told her, then frowned. "But it doesn't have much of a backseat." Lane might be able to fit, but it wouldn't be comfortable for her.
Rory turned to their mother. "Can we have the car?"
"Sure." Lorelai told her with a smile.
"Can I borrow something to wear?" Rory asked.
"Yes." Lorelai answered.
"Are you going to give in to anything I say because you feel sorry for me?" Rory asked of their mother.
"Yes!" Lorelai said again.
"I'll make a list." Rory said happily before walking away.

Once she'd left the room Serena turned to her mother. "Do you really think this is a good idea?"

Honestly, no." Lorelai answered. "But she wants to get out of the house and that's good, it's just... Maybe she'll have fun."
Serena nodded, though she wasn't so sure, still if Rory wanted to go, who was she to try and talk her out of it?
__________________________

"Serena nodded, though she wasn't so sure, still if Rory wanted to go, who was she to try and talk her out of it?__________________________