Chapter 7 - Trial.

Azkaban, 12th Nov 1981.

Sirius Black can be seen sitting the corner of his cell mourning his best friend/cousin's death. He was not in his right mind for past few days. When things began to get clear, he starts to wait for the officials to grand him his trial. It's been too long since he had seen his children or godson. He only spends brief moments with them due to the danger he possess for them.

In the eyes of world, he is secret keeper of potter cottage. And if he attracts unwanted attention to his family, it will end badly. So, he moveout of McKinnon manor where he was staying with his wife to a shady flat in Diagon ally. He will visit every day so spend some time with his family and leave immediately promising to return to his hideout. When few days prior they get the news of some people were actively searching for him. He stopped visiting McKinnon manor to prevent them finding his few months old babies.

One day as he was staying at his new hideout. Suddenly he felt the overbear need to check if his godson is safe or not. He took off towards the cottage in godric's hallow in his bike. Only to come face to face with a destroyed cottage. And then he knew, they were betrayed. A part of him is enraged he let this and need the conformation Peter did this to them. Another was part was relived they didn't inform about his Merlene and babies anyone. So, they will stay hidden.

No one even know Merlene McKinnon of Ancient and Most Noble House of McKinnon is alive. May be except few of their vessel family, if she contacts them, they will also know she survived. With some complicated mixed emotions, he enters the cottage, only for his guilt for letting such think happened overcome him completely. Going to the nursery after passing the lifeless body of his cousin and friend dread filled him. Thinking about how he failed his godson and Lilly. Some sort of relief and grief washes over him as he saw harry alive near the lifeless body of lily. Crying for her attention. Only to overcome with guilt and anger soon. Along with need for revenge. The need for revenge made him vulnerable and filled his sense.

Next thing he knew he handed over now unconscious baby to Hagrid. Who demanded he hand over young harry to him. So, that he can take him to headmaster Dumbledore. Then he was chasing the "rat" through a muggle alleyway near London. As he cornered peter he yelled over "How he could betray James and lily. Then blasted the street. Next thing he knew aurors arriving and arresting him, then straight Azkaban".

He was thinking along the line "what his children and Merlene would be doing. Where harry will be now. And how he failed to notice the change in the rat. How he hide the fact he is a Death Eater from everyone" ... So, he failed to notice some aurors open his cell. After bringing him out of his endless mussing they informed him they are taking him to wizengamot for his trial.

He doesn't know what to think of this information. May be Merlene were able to arrange a trial. That means she come out of the hiding with the children. That is dangerous for the. Especially with so many Death Eaters on loos. Ans there is the matter he is still mourning death of his brother in all but blood. He is not able to accept the fact james is dead. He is not in his right state of mind and is completely driven by this guilt. He can only hope he will make right decision at right time. Not like his previous decision, an idiotic one that land him in the hell on earth. One thing he knew, his presents are needed in his Childs and Harry's life.

Wizengamot, 12th Nov 1981.

As the wizengamot have gone to lunch, Charlus meetup with Arcturus Black and others (Means Rodolphus and Rabastan Lestrange, Lucius Malfoy, Lord Aiden Alfredo etc...). They were talking about Rodolphus taking his hereditary seat in today's section. And why Corvus Lestrange is absent. That's when albus dumbledore approaches charlus to talk.