A New Pet

After work, Jisung quickly showered and started trying to straighten up a little before Hyunjin arrived. Afterwards, he had just enough time to eat a quick meal. Of course, as soon as the smell of food filled the house, Lino appeared.

"Where's mine?" The ghost grumbled.

"Lino, ah!" Jisung jumped at his sudden appearance. "Sheesh, I thought I was used to that."

"So?" Lino eyed the ramen then turned his gaze back to Jisung, blinking expectantly.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't make any for you. I figured you'd be, uh...gone already." Jisung felt a little bad, but he was also incredibly nervous about having his friend over. And besides, it's not like Lino needed to eat.

"I see how it is," Lino sighed, turning his nose up and looking away like a spoiled cat.

"Okay...here, you can have mine. I'll just order a pizza when Hyunjin gets here." Jisung handed the bowl to Lino, who's eyes lit up immediately. He couldn't help but smile at the happy ghost.

Lino wasted no time shoving the noodles into his mouth like a savage.

"Good thing you can't choke and die," Jisung laughed as he watched the noodles disappear.

"Thanks," Lino mumbled with full cheeks.

"You're welcome. Now, finish up and please, please make yourself vanish before my friend gets here." Jisung pleaded desperately, unsure if he would actually cooperate.

"Fine." Lino rolled his eyes and finished his last bite. "Your little friend will never know I'm here."

With that, Lino vanished. Jisung thanked him, but couldn't help noticing a sinister little smirk right before he disappeared. He hoped it was nothing and that the night would be pleasantly uneventful.

Fortunately, the ghost made himself scarce just in time, because only moments later, there was a knock at the door.

"Hey," Jisung said as he opened the door.

"Surprise! I brought food and drinks," Hyunjin announced, holding up a bag of takeout and a pack of beer as he walked in. "Hope you didn't eat yet."

"Ah, nope. I'm starving." Jisung chuckled to himself as he thought about Lino inhaling his ramen.

"Good. I'll take these into the kitchen." Hyunjin walked off, already quite at home in the old house, it seemed.

"I'll search for a movie," Jisung hollered across the house. As soon as he sat down, he nearly jumped right back up again when Hyunjin shouted.

"Jisung!"

"What? What is it?" Jisung had no idea what to expect, he just hoped it wasn't his strange roommate.

"You didn't tell me you got a kitty."

"A what?" Jisung walked to the kitchen very confused and even more confused when he saw Hyunjin standing there holding a slender, grey cat with amber eyes.

"What's his name?" His friend asked as he stroked the cat's little head.

Jisung was speechless, but then he looked closer at the feline and got a sense of familiarity. And he could swear he saw the thing wink.

"Oh, uh...I haven't named him yet." Jisung was too flustered to come up with anything on the spot and he knew Hyunjin would think nothing of it.

"Of course you didn't. Poor thing needs a name," Hyunjin cooed in a baby voice at the cat.

"Why don't you name him." Jisung knew it had to be Lino, even though he had no idea he could even turn into other creatures. Letting Hyunjin name him something stupid would be a little payback for him not disappearing like he had promised