Ghosted

The next morning, Jisung got ready for work and went downstairs to grab some coffee and breakfast like usual. The couch where Lino could almost always be found was empty, except for Shadow curled up on the lonely blanket.

Jisung was a little relieved, since he awoke not feeling much better than when he'd gone to bed. It wasn't that he didn't want to see or talk to Lino, it was just becoming more difficult the more he spent time with Minho. It was like two different versions of the same person, perhaps like twins.

Before leaving the house, he called out a quick "see ya later" to the ghost, just to let him know he was heading out. He paused for a moment to see if he'd get a reply, but only Shadow popped his head up at the sound of his voice, then laid it back down just as quickly.

About an hour after Jisung's shift started, Minho walked through the door. He stood in line and waved cutely to his favorite barista, instantly causing him to blush and stumble over his words as he spoke to his current customer.

After the next few people were served and exited the line, Minho finally approached the counter.

"Hey," Jisung greeted him shyly. "Working out this morning?"

"Yep. This body doesn't build itself." Minho winked and rubbed his hand over his pecs.

Somehow Jisung failed to notice just how buff he actually was. Although, it seemed as if he'd  become even bigger over the last couple weeks.

"Do you work out a lot?" Jisung had to forcibly  unglue his eyes from Minho's chest.

"I've been going more recently. I have an excellent personal trainer. You know him, actually."

Jisung knew it had to be Changbin he was talking about, but he wasn't sure how exactly his name would have come up. His friend wasn't one to gossip or get into other people's business.

"You must mean Changbin," Jisung asserted.

"That's him. He's been helping me work on my upper body. Before I only tended to focus on my legs." Minho flexed his arms unconsciously, clearly proud of his progress.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you figure out that Changbin and I know each other?" Jisung wasn't sure it mattered, but he was uncomfortable at the thought of them talking about him.

"Remember the first time I came in while you were working? I may have mentioned the adorable barista that served me that day," he smiled slyly. "He seemed to know exactly who I meant."

Jisung could see where this was going.

"You've had a crush on me for a while now, huh?" Minho leaned over the counter and looked deep into the barista's eyes as he watched a pink hue spread across his face.

"He told you that?" Jisung squeaked.

"I may have pried a little, but yes. He seemed awfully excited that I'd talked to you and called you cute. It was pretty clear something was up." He stood back up straight, amused by how flustered Jisung was now.

Now it made sense why Minho had taken an interest in him so suddenly. He wasn't sure how to feel about it. Did he only ask him out because he knew he already liked him? Did he ever even really notice him before the day he came in?

"You're adorable," Minho cooed.

"Heh," Jisung laughed uneasily, looking down at the counter. "What can I get for you?"

Minho turned to look back, noticing that he was holding up the growing line.

"Ah, sorry," he said to the person standing behind him. "Just a black coffee. Make it a red eye actually."