A Rude Awakening

It was Saturday morning and the day Jisung finally had to leave Lino after spending over three days by his side. The good news was that the ghost finally felt well enough to leave the bed, though he basically made a bed of the couch. Jisung left for work and Shadow kept Lino company.

As was becoming routine, Minho stopped in to the café before heading to the gym to work out. He made a point to ask about Jisung's sick "friend" and was glad to hear that he was getting better. It was true that he didn't exactly like the thought of some guy he didn't know staying at Jisung's house and taking up all his time, but he knew he was just kind-hearted and so he didn't give him a hard time about it. But the thoughts still lingered.

Jisung's day was pretty uneventful, but he did worry on and off about how Lino was doing. With no way to contact him, he couldn't just check in whenever he wanted. He had to remind himself that he was doing much better and probably just binge-watching anime and eating all the snacks in the house. And he was right.

Even though Lino had been watching stuff all week on the laptop, he was excited to be back in front of the tv.

"You have no idea how much I missed this," Lino said to the little cat on his lap.

He blew the steam from his ramen and happily slurped up the spicy noodles while he continued on with his anime series. Once he finished that, he reached over to his little collection of snacks and opened a bag of chips. He nibbled at them like a bunny, savoring the flavor of each chip and making little "mm" noises while crunching.

He finally finished the bag and went to grab another bag of something from the pile when his stomach made a strange noise. It was a demonic gurgle that even frightened Shadow. He popped his head up and stared at it with wide eyes and his ears folded back.

"What was that? I can't be hungry. I—" Lino stopped mid sentence when his stomach made the noise again.

"Oh...I don't feel so good," he groaned.

After a third noise, he suddenly had a terrible pain in his abdomen, but it didn't feel like his stomach. It felt...lower. He jumped up, sending the cat flying off his lap and onto the floor.

He held his stomach and ran to the bathroom, slamming the door behind him. After a very shocking yet relieving few minutes, the door opened again and Lino slowly walked out. His face was red with embarrassment as he trudged back over to the couch and sat down.

"Well...add that to the list of new things," he muttered to himself.

He knew he'd have to tell Jisung since it wouldn't exactly be something he could hide. Eventually he'd notice the ghost using the bathroom and ask. Either way, he was not looking forward to the conversation.

When Jisung got home, he could already tell that Lino was feeling much better.

"Hey, you," Jisung happily greeted the ghost. "You look like you're feeling pretty good."

"I am. Finally being out of that room helped, I think."

"Did you have dinner? Want me to make us something?" Jisung offered.

"Ah...no, I'm not hungry," Lino chuckled awkwardly. "I've been snacking all day now that my appetite is back."

"Did you eat anything healthy at least? You don't want to get a stomach ache after everything you've already been through," Jisung scolded.

"I...uh..." Lino suddenly turned red.

"Lino? Is your fever back?" Jisung rushed over and felt his head, but Lino smacked his hand away. "Hey, what gives?"

"S-something new happened to me today," Lino said without looking at Jisung.

"Really? What was it?" Jisung sat down next to him looking excited to hear all about it.