A Proper Date

It was Friday morning and Jisung was busy getting ready for classes. His mind was racing with thoughts of his date that night and also the anticipation of telling Lino about it. He couldn't quite decide why he was so nervous to tell the ghost about his date, but he was and nothing seemed to ease the feeling.

He hurried passed Lino on the couch, where he usually was in the morning, without saying a word. He was eating a bowl of cereal while Shadow waited patiently for him to finish and let him drink the remaining milk. Jisung had decided to wait until the last possible second to let him know about his plans.

"You're in a hurry. Everything okay?" Lino asked as he watched Jisung scramble around anxiously.

"What? Oh, yeah. Just...a lot on my mind this morning. Busy schedule. You know..."

"You're rambling," Lino nagged.

"Sorry..." Jisung barely looked at Lino the whole time he scurried around the room. "I gotta run, see ya."

"Oh...okay. Have a good day," Lino called out as Jisung practically ran out the door.

Jisung couldn't bring himself to tell him about the date before leaving the house. He had no idea how the ghost would react, but it bothered him even more that it somehow mattered to him. The last two movie nights had gone so well and he really enjoyed them. In a way, it almost seemed as though he were dating Lino too, and he had no idea how to feel about it.

And, unfortunately, since he failed to bring it up before leaving, it haunted him all day long. Once he got home, he'd have no choice but to tell him he was going out and that they wouldn't be able to have another movie night, which they were both growing so fond of.

Jisung tried to tell himself that it was insane to be thinking about a ghost like this. But the truth was that it was insane to even be living with a ghost, and happily at that. None of it made sense. He wondered if perhaps he needed to get out more and focus on real people. Maybe this date would be a really good thing for him.

Finally, the school day ended and Jisung rushed home. He didn't see Lino anywhere when he walked in the door, but he had no time to properly investigate. Instead, he grabbed the outfit he'd picked out and laid it on his bed, then quickly went to shower.

However, just like old times, when Jisung got back to his room—towel around his waist—there was Lino, sitting on his bed and admiring the clothes that were laying there.

"This doesn't look like your usual evening getup," Lino murmured without looking up as he rubbed the soft fabric of the ivory colored v-neck sweater between his fingers.

"Lino! Sheesh, why does this keep happening?" Jisung squeaked.

"Maybe I'm hoping to catch another quick peek," Lino smirked as he looked up at the blushing human.

"Hey, knock it off!" Jisung squawked as he attempted to cover his bare chest.

"Plans tonight?" Lino asked as he stood up and approached Jisung.

"Y-yes...I meant to tell you this morning." Jisung looked down, avoiding eye contact with the ghost.

"That explains why you were so nervous and left in a hurry." Lino stepped behind Jisung and breathed in his shower-fresh scent. "Going out with Minho?"

"He asked me out the other day. A proper date this time."

"Are you excited?" Lino paced around the now shivering human.

"Yes, of course I am." Suddenly Jisung felt a surge of confidence. He was sure Lino wasn't actually jealous, he was just teasing, like always. "Now, can I please get dressed?"