Apologies - 10

Time Check - Tuesday - 9:12 PM

( Cloaking Brooch Status: 1 Day(s) Uses Left )

". . . . (Y/N)?"

.

.

.

Y/N ( P.O.V )

My mind suddenly returned to reality as I heard a familiar voice shout my name out of the blue, causing me to stop singing. Feeling a hand on my shoulder, I felt nervous, thinking that it could be the owner of this building and wanted me to leave their roof immediately, expecting a pissed off middle aged man, I gulped and turned my head..., rubbing my dry red eye's, I took another look for confirmation..........that's definitely not a human.

Although I wanted to scream and shout, I was unable to do so because I was paralyzed in fear. However, the more I examined this...turtle-thing, the more I couldn't help but feel some form of nostalgia, Focusing on their familiar orange bandana, it reminded me of a certain someone. However, Mike is a human, so this made me confused, 'it couldn't be him, could it?'.

Despite the fact that the "monster" in front of me is undoubtedly not human, the longer I stared at it, the more my panic subsided. For some strange reason, I began to feel "comfortable" around it.

My mind then went back to my late-night theories when I saw that dumb news article, but could I really call it dumb if it were true? I didn't realize I was silently staring at the creature, failing to notice the nervous expression on their face, I only kept staring at their orange bandana, causing me to ignore the three other creatures behind it. There was a protracted uneasy pause that persisted throughout the night, and after a few more seconds, I finally had the strength to speak.

"....Mike..?" I asked, wanting to hear its voice again, needing to know if it was real, or if I truly was just being delusional from the lack of hydration, the creature staring back at me for a few moment, finally let out a sigh, trying to relax it's stiff posture "so...you noticed, huh?...hey (Y/N)..its uh- its me, 'Mike' " It said with a very familiar voice, a nervous grin resting upon it's face, mixed with another emotion I couldn't pin point. and this was all I needed to confirm my theory. . . The new friend's I've made at school was never human to begin with, instead, they resembled mutant's, turtle mutants to be exact....turtle mutant's that practically saved my school from another mutant, I theorized about this from the start, but I'd never expect it to actually be true...

.

.

.

.....so what now? how was I supposed to react? do I shout? do I hit them? do I scream for help? cry? run? hug them? ask questions? fighting with my thought's, it was too late for me to realize what I was about to say

.

.

.

.

"I like your stickers...they look cool" I blurted out, awkwardly shifting my attention to the sticker's on this mutant turtle's plastron...or should I just call him mike?, looking back at mike's face, his once nervous expression was nowhere to be found, instead he had stars in his eye's and a relived grin, turning his head somewhere, I followed at where he was looking at, only to see 3 figure's hiding into the shadows of a bill board, their eye's glowing in the darkness.

"See! I told you Raph! (Y/N)'s totally cool with us!" he cheered, jumping up and down onto the wet concrete roof with happiness, 'well...I don't think "totally cool" with you, is what could describe what I'm feeling right now...', Finally shifting all of my attention to the 3 figure's that were now walking out of the shadow with a nervous expression, It was revealed to me that they were just like mike, mutant turtle's, with a blue, red, and purple bandana, similar to them, feeling a bit over-whelmed, I didn't know what to do, I was tired, confused, and angry.