Chapter 3: Awake

2nd pov,

First, you sense the light above, cold wind blew into your figure who was now conscious from your sleep. Head spinning, throbbing slightly. The pain goes by when you try to move your head to the side and all you could do was fingers twitching.

The second sense is smell, which doesn't help the first headache at all considering it's a pungent stench of clothes and something similar stinking of socks. Hearing slowly trickles in, all muffled and barely providing any sense of surroundings. You scrunch your face in pain, groaning as your body's feeling of touch comes and you are freezing, don't know why but felt like wanted to pass out another couple of times.

Vision comes last, blurred and coated with darkness at the edge of your vision. The room is brightly lit, appearing to be someone's room of some sort. You blink the fuzzy out of your vision and find out how sweaty you are, cold sweat rolling down your cheeks with nothing but saltiness.

"dude, I won't do that! That's weird!" An echoes voice rings from your ear, a familiar yell back but a more embarrassed tone "Come on ~if you DID that, maybe she's awake! Just like the story sleeping beauty" "That's ridiculous!"

The two people begin to scream at each other only it stopped when they were out of breath. You couldn't hear much, the muffled voice slowly faded away as you feel a shadow appear in your vision and slightly it begin to near you

As you finally gained all the strength to open your eyes, only met with thin lips that were almost reached against yours. Your eyes widen in surprise as you rapidly shove their faces away from you. They were shocked but smiled when they realized what just happen "Y/n! You awake!" Mk shouts before giving you a big bear hug along with Mei beside you.

You blink twice, rapidly looking around the room in confusion and clueless "What happen?" You spoke softly, and you felt like your throat was about to burst with your lips dry as hell "You out for 1 week since the battle against Redson" Mk said

"1 week!? But- how?" You exclaimed, shocked by the info. Mei shrugged her shoulder having no idea "After you passed out, we went back home and let you sleep in Mk's bed for the day. But you haven't awakened since that day, so he has to use the couch instead" Mei explained which makes you feel guilty about it, especially sleeping on someone's bed "What? Mk, you could just let me sleep on the couch, right?" You said

"Nah, I'm fine. Plus you're having a really bad fever so it was best to take you the bed. Don't worry, I could sleep wherever I want" he tries to cheer the mood up, patting your messy hair as if you're a cat. You sigh softly, starting at the clock before slightly back to Mk "Did...did you just try to kiss me earlier?" You bring up the conversation still confused and curious about why he did that in the first place.

Mk's breath hitched skin turn pale, and his eyes completely become white as he begins to look around in anxious "L-look! It's not what it looks like- it's Mei's idea and I'm sorry!" he move his arm around trying his best not to stutter with his words, you narrow slightly and look towards at Mei "What? It's just some theory, maybe if he kisses you and I'm pretty sure you'll awake! Like the fairy tale, thingy book said!" She explained

The explanation makes your eyebrows furrow "I - whatever, can't argue with you right now. Especially my headache I was on" you groan silently and slide your back against the pillow with blankets around you. Mk tilted his head before hopping next to the bed, touching your forehead with his palms "Your fever coming again" he muttered

"Mei, told Pigsy to get some food and water for Y/n" Mk instructed, she nodded and jumped out from the window without any hesitation. You both sat there quietly for a few moments which was a bit awkward at first but then he broke it

"so, about uh- the thing weeks ago. You said you fight Redson, right? How did you do that? I mean, you an ordinary woman- I didn't mean you weak or something but we already knew you can't fight" He was so interested to get the answer but swallow all the other questions since you were still in a bad fever. You didn't answer right away, instead, you took a few seconds to think "I- uh... I'm not sure but...when Redson was about to hit me I suddenly felt my whole body charge and forced me to move forward and when I hit him with my punch. I was surprised I give him much damage- then my whole body went into pain and lose all my stamina" you explained, trailing off.

You took a deep inhale before inhaling "But the punch isn't like some kind of ordinary one, it's out. I felt this some sort of energy inside me" you said, trying to remember how the story goes as Mk keep his head straight to concentrate. He blinked twice when you stopped talking "Is that all?" You nodded "yeah, that's all I could tell. Nothing more," you said, rubbing your head.

He hummed and narrowed his gaze toward the space "Hmm...that kind of mystery. strange things are going on...have you ever experienced it before?" he mumbled, you shook your head as you try to relax your shoulder "I never felt this kind of way before... It feels weird and painful! You know, like when you have wounds and then you put salt on them" Mk cringed at the thought already imagining how the pain is "That must be very hurt" "it was!"

just in time Mei and Pigsy along with Tang appear from the door with concerned expressions written across their faces "Y/n, I'm glad you're finally awake! How do you feel?" Tang calmly kneels beside the bed as Pigsy slides the bowl of noodles to the small table near the desk. You thanked him "Bad, really bad. It's making my skin burn," you told

Tang pursed his lips giving you a sorry look "That sounds horrible..." He muttered. Mei sat next to Mk and help you to drink some water, first you refuse her help since you still could eat by yourself but because they wanted to... You couldn't help but let her do it "So, you don't wanna explain the thing that happen last week?" Mei tilted her head and Pigsy give her a sharp glare from behind "Can you ask her when she's not sick? Give her a rest" he said, but she just rolled her eyes like the childish she was.

A couple of minutes later, the chat ended and they left the room to give her some peace. Mk grab his jacket nearby the shelf and followed the others from behind but stopped at the middle of the door frame "Hey, we'll talk about it later, maybe the others could help with it" you nodded slightly as you watch him slowly shut the door.

The room was silent once more, you sigh softly and make yourself comfortable. You still feel guilty for taking Mk's bed but you'll make out once you get better. You lay your head on the pillow and slowly closed your eyes...

But then rapidly awake when you hear a shattered glass from the corner of the room, quickly stare at it if there's anything that makes it fall. But somehow, you begin to drift to sleep feeling warm palms holding your head and laying you back to the unconscious.

Your body was exhausted from the touch, it drained your energy. You felt like the hold gives you sleeping spells...

The person didn't say anything until you are fully asleep. They remove their hands away before glaring down at you "Sleep well, blossom~" they whispered, brushing some of your hair and vanishing into the shadow.