Chapter 4: Blue Blood

2nd pov,

The hallway begins to crumble apart as the golden temple shakes violently due to the harsh wind blowing around the atmosphere. The zodiac guardians gathered around in the middle of the circle with various unknown symbols written around the wall. They whispered some part of the ritual words before glowing golden orbs released from their chests making them pale and weak.

The leader makes a hand sign as the orbs begin to assemble into one and they turned into dark golden ones, it's a process to suck some of the buildings around the places with the temple slowly about to break apart and they knew how bad when it keep exposed. The leader turned towards the young guardian who simply stood out from the circle due to the order "Young, one. I want you to hold this power and hide it from anyone who tries to crave for their selfish good" his tone low and venerable

The young guardian stood there, hesitating and horrified to even step forward as she forced herself to near him, knowing there was no other way "But, Master! I didn't know if I could do this-" "I know you can, you're the snake guardian. Please take this power and-"

TIT TIT TIT!

Your groan loudly, grabbing the pillow and shoving your head into it. The alarm keeps the loud noise which bothers you the half a second and you quickly slammed it shut. Rolling yourself from the bed, you sit on the edge of the soft material before a yawn loudly. Small tears appear from the tip of your eyes.

"What did I dream again?" You look up to if there's any clue on it but there's not a single memory of the dream "Meh, who cares" you shrugged and stretch your arm to the back of your neck, feeling your muscle span

You scratch your arm and neck, peeking at the clock. Groaning again you hopped from the bed, bringing yourself out of the warm room.

After a few days passed you finally recovered from the bad illness and get home afterward. You did tell them about how the incident weeks ago but only some of the details of it, however, you didn't remember what happened after you went to sleep.

Making yourself breakfast, a loud ringing in your pocket. Reaching down to it, you unlocked the phone call that belonged to Mk "Hey, what's up?" You yawn at the last part, you could hear the car pass by, and tired breath behind the screen struggling to speak "Morning, y/n! Do you wanna get a ride? Since you're going to your shift today! I'm going to pass by your apartment" He said.

You poured the orange juice into your favorite mug carefully not to spill it off. You hummed softly before flipping the pancakes to cook on the side surface, smooth yellow golden-ish, and fluffy skin "Sure, what time you came?" You simply said, turning the stove off after finished cooking. You placed the breakfast on a plate and put it on the table. You decided to cut some strawberries for the topping "hmmm, about 20 minutes! I'll be waiting at the front" "Alright, I'll get ready as soon I finished my breakfast" you said as you get distracted by the conversation you accidentally cut your index fingers with a knife and quickly held it in pain.

Mk hears the groan you make which earns his concern "You okay?" You breathe out "y-yeah, just cut my finger. That's all, I'll go patched up and get ready," you said, hanging up after that. You glare down where the sliced skin is and curse silently, squeezing some of the blood and washing it with cold water.

While you cleaned the wound, slowly rub the painful skin. Suddenly, you noticed how the red darkish blood turned into a light-glowing blue one, it replaced the first color and somehow it was way harder to clean it off. Getting anxious about it, you stare at the blue blood dripping down to the sink, dimly lightening. Your eyebrows furrow slightly, confused and feared. You don't know what to do instead dry it up with a white towel "What...in the world" you muttered silently

"Did my blood turn into a blueberry or what?" You whisper to yourself, an idea appears in your head and you bring the finger to your nose. Smelling it whether it answers your theory "Nope, definitely still blood" you said, the smell is still the same metal and bitter one. You then patch with a bandage and throw the bloody tissues into the trash bin.

You don't want to spend your time thinking about it, not right now.

---

After the long ride, Mk finally pull up and parked near the front entrance he shut the vehicle's engine. You headed towards the Pigsy noodles with a slight smile curled on your lips "Hey, Pigsy and Tang" you wave shortly before walking behind the counter to get an apron and begin to start your work. Pigsy smiled "Hey, Y/n. It's nice to see you again. Anyway, please cut those vegetables," he said which you nodded shortly after

The day begins with your normal routine back but instead of being quiet and boring. Mei and Sandy joined the day, which gave more light to the atmosphere.

While cleaning the counter table, Mei notices your finger with a bandage on it as she suddenly shot her head toward your face with big round eyes. Giving you the creep and surprised with her immediate action "Omg, what happen to your finger!?" She held them with her thumb, slowly not to hurt them. She begins to panic and stuff, which was quite ordinary yet weird. She always overreacts to something tiny or not even a serious situation "Oh, don't worry about it. Just some kind of minor injury" you nervously said, waving your hand around.

She narrows slightly about to speak any further until someone shoves her away. Mk who just got back from another delivery stood there exhausted and grab the bandaged finger closer to him, you swear these two young adults just keep worrying about everything ever since the incident at the weather station "Do you need help? Got drink? Cookies?" He said, blinking twice when you make the 'Dude, I'm not a 6-year-old kid anymore

"I told you I'm fine. After all, it's not that deep" you groan "You both stop screaming around, Y/n is fine" Pigsy joined in, sliding another order beside the counter table. Tang however was a way to enjoy his bowl of noodles not caring about the noises in the background.

Later, you went to the backyard to this the rubbish into the bin. Dragging its way to the place because it was heavy. Gripping the plastic bag before shoving it away, not noticing someone standing behind you.

As you finally look behind, you quickly jump backward in shock and almost have a heart attack "What the hell?!" You scream locking eyes with the person... No two-person gaze with confusion and anxiety as it revealed to be a demon. There have massive smirks on their faces, arms crossing "Yoh! Long time no see, am-ma right?" The blue one said, warping his arm around your shoulder

You tense up with the touch but freeze when the yellow demon did the same movement "We've been wanting to tell you about the cool stuff we did and you won't believe this! We beat your highest store with rock paper scissors!" He exclaimed

You stare at them for a few seconds before pushing them away from your personal space. Quickly making the ridiculous karate pose to defend yourself "Who are you? How did you know my name?!" you freak out. But there react nothing with it "Man, you have serious issues here, dude. I mean, come on it's us!..."

They begin with their weird-ass introduction. Screaming their name with "The golden and silver demon!"

You furrow your eyebrows if there being serious or just trying to scare the shit out of you "Uh- I don't think I know you" this makes their eyes narrow into yours "Huh, I guess she's too old now" "yeah, I think she eats too many ants and lost some of her memories" "Pfft, such a loser-"

They snicker and look towards each other "Can't believe the best guardian was a forgetful person. How could you forget after the challenge?" He shakes his head with fake disappointment

You're about to question them but they quickly cut them with an argument. Blaming them for being too ugly to recognize by you and to be honest they were acting more like a child.

"uh... I should go" you awkwardly marched towards the light wanting to get out from there as fast as you could but, of course, the two childish demons won't slip that away "Woah, not yet- we came here for a reason actually" "yeah, no thanks"

You quickly ran from them, still hearing them shouting and screaming from behind.

"What is going on??" Your mind was confused to even process what just happen. Friend with that two dorks? Guardian? Challenge? What are they even mean by that?

Probably they were insane...

---
The ending is kinda rush but oh well. Thanks for reading~