Chats

All characters and content belongs to the movie 'The Patriot' ! Sorry for the short chapter! I hope this make up for it :) Enjoy!

-Cate

******************

         "I don't think I've ever been this tired in my life." I groaned as I plopped down on the bench between William and Bordon. I dropped my head into my hands and rubbed my eyes," I would be so happy to get one good night's sleep without having to worry about the cold."

     Bordon clapped me on the back and felt my body shaking," You're shaking to the core." he bent to look at my face," Are you ill?"

     I lifted my head and pinched the bridge of my nose," No, I haven't had to deal with cold night's like that in ten years. The cold stays in my body until I get used to it." I assured him with a small smile, forcing my teeth not to chatter," It used to happen when I was a child. I'll shake it off once we start riding." 

     William handed me a plate of eggs and ham," How did you come by this condition?"

     Shrugging I took a bite of warm eggs and swallowed before answering," It's because I was the smaller twin. What you would call the 'runt' of the litter." I gestured to myself with one hand," Even though almost all of my old symptoms are fully out grown, I still have the old internal ice problem. I'm just glad it only happens every once and awhile."

     Bordon looked confused," You're a twin? Is your condition common among them?"

     " Yes, I am a twin. The condition only happens to the twin who is born the smallest, chances of that happening to every twin is very rare." I laughed and took a bite of my ham," When twins are together before birth they share life, growing together. When the time comes close for them to grow to their rightful size, that's when one takes most of the energy to grow while the other stays small until they are born."

     William looked interested in this but noticed when I shook harder. He nudged me in my side," Come, sit in my seat. Being directly in the sunlight will warm your bones." he stood and slid me over into his seat without me having to move on my own.

     I tilted my face up so that the sun could cover every inch. It felt like someone had poured warm water all over my face and I shivered when I could start to feel it seep into the rest of my body. I spoke to William, my eyes closed," Thank you for that. I honestly despise having this condition." I peeked at him from one eye," So, what are our plans for today?"

     Bordon chuckled," We are to ride back to the fort today. Now that we know there is a Ghost hunting our soldiers, we must work from within the walls of the fort." I heard William scoff when Bordon said the word 'Ghost'. Bordon sighed," During our time there we will ride out during the day to search for the Ghost and be back before night fall."

     William stood and fixed his jacket," We will not be at the fort the entire time. When out riding we will camp when needed." his face went back to his normal cold indifference," We will ride out now. Get ready."

     Both Bordon and I saluted to him when he walked off. I sighed and looked at Bordon," Has he always been like that?"

     Bordon laughed loudly at this," Ah, yes. Ever since I met him in the academy, he has always been the straight-laced introvert as long as I've known him." I rolled my eyes and made him chuckle," What I have noticed is, you are the only woman he's ever taken a liking to."

     My brows raised," The only woman? I was under the impression that he's been with other women before." I large shiver wracked my body as my insides started to shake off the heavy layers of cold.