Chapter XI

To my big surprise, the fights are in the morning this time. And I am up against Sammy. Very much unfair. But I smile when I see Peter against Uriah because Uriah will absolutely kick his ass. Tris was up against a Dauntless girl, and she was dangerously close to the red line, even though I see her train in the morning and her shooting and knife throwing is very good.

But Eric has a strong dislike for her and my guess would be that that plays a part in it. I am ranking sixth at the moment, after some Dauntless born, Edward and Peter. The Dauntless file into our training room, Marlene squealing when seeing me.

"Oh, I can finally see you kick ass. Sammy's nonetheless", she smiles.

"You wound me", Sammy pouts.

Uriah chuckles lightly and Lynn smirks when her name is called. She wins, of course with a few easy hits.

Tris is up against a girl named Rory. I see my brother stop her shortly before the fight begins, whispering something, probably advice. Nonetheless, Tris goes down, my brother turns away and Rory lands the final hit, knocking Tris out. Eric announces that she is out.

I don't have time to protest, because then it's my turn.

Sammy and I circle each other and with an apologetic look, he lunges at me. I dive out of the way, sending a blow to his head while he lands a fist in my stomach. I gag and he spits out blood. We tumble apart for a second, just to try again a second later. We move across the mat, one hit after the other being blocked by him and by me. I try an uppercut, but he moves his head and then rams it into mine. I see stars and stumble, throwing a punch almost blindly and sending a sloppy kick his way until I regain some of my vision. He throws another punch, hitting my stomach again. I fold my hands behind his head and bring up my knee, up into his stomach and the try it again, for his nose. But he grabs the bend of my knee and makes me fall to the ground, climbing on top of me to land a blow to my temple no doubt. But I buck my hips and get a hold of his arms, angle my leg and then roll us over, pinning him down, with my knees buried in his upper arms.

"Finish it!", Eric calls and Sammy nods lightly. I mouth sorry and hit him with all my power in the temple and climb off him. Eric sends me an approving nod, I glare, he rolls his eyes.

I go back to my friends, while Sammy is carried to the infirmary.

"That was amazing", Marlene grins. I nod slowly, dizziness overcoming me. Uriah catches my arm and I sit down on the floor.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, just a little dizzy. I am sure Sammy is worse", I mumble. Yes, I knocked out people in my fights before, but they weren't my friends.

"Don't worry. We knocked each other out so many times before, one more won't hurt him."

I nod. Uriah does beat Peter up and I can't stop grinning about it. Last up are Christina and Val. Also, a rather unfair match because Christina is small and Val is...not.

So it is no surprise that Christina goes down and after multiple kicks to the stomach, gives up. And Eric doesn't like it.

"You want to stop?", he questions and Christina nods weakly.

"Okay. Let me give you a hand."

Marlene and I exchange confused looks and I scramble to get up when Eric calls for a break.

Eric isn't nice enough to do that and latest when he puts his hand on Christina's lower back I hurry to catch up to them, seeing that we were going to the chasm.

"Don't...", I tell Eric, grabbing Christina and pulling her behind me.

"Smart little Stiff", Eric muses, his eyes narrowed, "you wanna take her punishment?"