Chapter XV

Once again, I am in the Dauntless dorm and let Marlene do my make-up. She puts brownish glittery powder onto my eyelids and then pulls out the eyeliner.

"Hold still. No moving an inch, it would ruin everything", she says in the most serious tone I have ever heard her use.

"Alright.."

The black liquid feels cool against my eyelids and with one quick motion she creates what she calls a wing. She also puts a light red gloss onto my lips and then something onto my lashes. Finally, she claps her hands together. "E voila", she grins and holds up a mirror. My jaw drops. I have never seen myself like that. Of course not. We didn't wear make-up in Abnegation. We didn't look in the mirror, didn't cut our hair.

"I...wow. Thanks."

"Now hold the mirror please."

"I'll hold the mirror, you can go change hot stuff", Sammy announces.

"Well, you don't look too bad either", I grin. He really looks good in the jeans that are lightly ripped and the button-up we bought and he had in earrings.

"Oh, thank you very much."

I take my stuff and change in a shower stall. It feels weird putting on the bra Eric picked for me, but it really does fit nicely and doesn't show underneath the tight dress. When I step out of the stall, Uriah and Lynn are also there. Uriah whistled lightly.

"Not bad, Tess, not bad. There is pregaming at my brothers' place, so we're gonna crash there before the party starts", Uriah smiles.

"Zeke?"

"Yup, you met him?"

"Shortly. He's friends with Four, right?"

"Yeah, there are going to be a bunch of older Dauntless, hope that's okay?"

I shrug. "Why not. What exactly is pregaming though?"

Lynn chuckles. "Basically playing drinking games so that you are already buzzed when reaching the party."

"Okay...well as long as it's not strip poker, I am in."

"Yass", Sammy exclaims and offers his arm.

"Shall we go?", he asks into the round and everybody nods excited, except Lynn, who just nods.

Zeke's apartment is close to my brother's on one of the upper levels. Uriah enters without knocking.

"Hey guys", we greet. Zeke was there, two girls, my brother and three other guys.

"Well, you all know my annoying little brother and his friends", Zeke says, "and the new face is Tessa, first jumper and currently fifth."

"Heyy", I say sheepishly.

"What are we playing?", Uriah questions.

"Oh we wanted to set up some beer pong or rage cage, then some Candor or Dauntless, but with spin-the-bottle, you know."

"Sounds like an amazing plan. You know beer pong?", Sammy asks from my side.

"Nope."

"Well, you have cups with beer set up in a triangle on both sides of the table and then just have to throw a ping pong ball into them. If the other team hits, you have to drink the beer of the cup they hit. The first team with no more cups loses."

"Sounds good."

"Well then, Tessie, you'll be on my team", Uriah announces and pulls me with him to one end of the table where cups are getting filled.

I play against Zeke and another guy, who introduces himself as Samuel.

At first, my aim is way off, but I get better. Maybe it is the beer I am drinking, or maybe just practice.