Chapter 10

"I meant what I said earlier," Lauren said sincerely.
"I'm not going to let him hurt you anymore, Camila. I'm going to keep you safe."

--

"I know that," Camila said softly. "I meant what I said earlier too, Lauren. You make me feel safe," she added, sinking deeper into Lauren's embrace.

Camila closed her eyes and rested her head against Lauren's chest, matching her deep, relaxed breaths. They stayed like that for what felt like hours but what was really probably only thirty minutes or so. As they sat there immersed in the warm water, their bodies tangled and their bare forms pressed together, Camila couldn't help but wonder why Lauren hadn't tried to touch her. Her fingers were wandering across Camila's skin but only in delicate, aimless movements; never insinuating she wanted more. Camila was comfortable like this, and she felt beyond fortunate to even have Lauren holding her in this way, but she would be lying if she said she hadn't thought about what might happen if Lauren's fingers were to find themselves between her legs...

"Camz?" Lauren's voice questioned. "Are you ready to get out? The water's getting a little cold," she mumbled, her lips pressed into Camila's hair at the top of her head.

"Yeah," Camila replied warmly, scooting away from Lauren and separating their bodies.

Lauren quickly rose up and stepped out of the bathtub, wrapping a towel around her body before offering her hand to Camila. The younger one accepted it immediately, pulling herself out and stumbling a bit, falling into Lauren.

"Careful," Lauren smiled, laughing softly. She wrapped the towel she held in her hand around Camila's shoulders, placing a kiss on the tip of her nose after she did so.

Camila's heart fluttered in response to the gesture, although she wished Lauren had put her lips somewhere else.

Why hadn't she kissed her yet?

They had just been naked together in the bath, surely all use for caution had been thrown out the window at this point?

Camila adjusted her towel, wrapping it under her arms and around her torso as she followed Lauren out of the bathroom and into her bedroom.

She sat on the bed as she watched Lauren riffle through her closet. She pulled a t-shirt off of a hanger and tossed it on top of a nearby dresser, then moving to pull a pair of underwear from one of the drawers. Camila's breath hitched in her chest as she watched Lauren's towel drop to the floor, allowing her to take in her naked form once more. Her eyes wandered up her toned legs and over the full curves below her waist. Camila's eyes slowed down as she took in the way the muscles moved in her strong back as she reached her arms above her head to pull on the t-shirt. She was especially glad Lauren's back was to her when she felt her eyes widen as Lauren bent over to pull on the underwear. Camila's gaze remained tracking the older one's movements as she swiftly wrapped her long, wet locks in the towel. Lauren jumped a little when she finally turned around and found Camila staring at her.

"Sorry," Camila said quickly, feeling a little embarrassed that she'd been caught yet again.

"It's okay," Lauren smiled, slowly taking a few steps closer to her. "Do you want something to wear? I left your bags downstairs, I can go get them if you want."

"I'll just borrow something of yours," Camila replied smoothly, a little excited as she made her way to Lauren's closet, pulling out a large sweatshirt. "Is this okay?"

Lauren nodded.

"Do you want a pair of underwear?" Lauren offered as she reached to open her dresser drawer once more.