Chapter 18

"The Camila huh?" Camila said as she followed Lauren through the front door, referring to what Troy had said earlier.

Lauren turned around to roll her eyes at the younger woman before starting up the stairs. Camila was right on her heels and caught up to her before she could walk through her bedroom door, wrapping her arms around her waist.

"What exactly do you say about me?" Camila asked, her lips grazing Lauren's ear. "I'd like to know what I have to live up to."

Lauren simply shook her head, pulling Camila's hands to her lips and placing a kiss on the back of one before squirming out of the younger woman's grasp.

"Nothing good then?" Camila questioned jokingly as she followed Lauren who was walking into the adjoining bathroom, stopping to lean against the door frame as she pulled off her heels.

"I didn't talk about you that much," Lauren shrugged. "You just came up from time to time," she added before peeling off her shirt and turning on the sink to take off her makeup.

Camila's breath hitched in her chest as she took in the woman's toned, half-naked form. She moved into the bathroom, positioning herself behind Lauren again.

"Come to bed," she said softly, meeting Lauren's eyes in the bathroom mirror's reflection.

"Are you tired?" Lauren asked, raising an eyebrow at the brunette despite knowing that neither of them had any intention of sleeping.

"Come on," Camila smiled, finding Lauren's hand and intertwining their fingers before backing slowly out of the bathroom, pulling Lauren toward her bed.

Lauren couldn't help but match Camila's smile as she allowed herself to be lead.

"Fuck," Camila hissed as they passed through the doorway, her bare foot awkwardly stepping on one of the shoes she'd discarded earlier.

"Smooth," Lauren laughed, watching as Camila shot her a look while reaching to clutch her foot. "Here," she added, scooping Camila up quickly into her arms and eliciting a squeal from the younger woman.

"Thank you," Camila said once Lauren placed her on her bed, pouting as she rubbed the bottom of her foot.

"Poor baby," Lauren teased, mimicking Camila's frown. "Let me fix it," she said as she bent down to place a kiss where Camila had been rubbing.

"Ew, Lauren," Camila said, scrunching up her nose as she pulled her foot away from Lauren's lips.

A smile spread across Lauren's lips as she pulled on both of Camila's ankles so that her legs were laying flat before positioning herself at the end of the bed. She slowly began to kiss her way up Camila's body, and the brunette was already squirming slightly under her touch.

Camila reached up to place her hands on the back of Lauren's neck once they were face to face, finally bringing their lips together.

"You really did sound good earlier," Lauren said once their lips separated, collapsing next to Camila on the bed.

"Right," Camila laughed as she turned on her side to face Lauren.

"I'm serious," Lauren smiled, scooting closer to the younger woman and draping an arm over her waist. "You were so set on pursuing music when you moved out to LA after graduation, what happened to that?"

"Austin happened," Camila frowned. "It's not exactly easy to break out there, and we realized that pretty quickly. I decided to go to school while I kept working on it, but Austin wanted to focus strictly on his music. After a while we were really struggling, because neither of us were making any money. Austin still wasn't willing to make any sacrifices because he was so confident he was'this close' to making it, so I was the one who had to make the sacrifice. I got a waitressing job so we could support ourselves somehow, but only working a minimum wage job I had to work crazy hours and I ended up dropping out. I didn't have time for school and I definitely didn't have time for music."