boogie

Not again. Not fucking again. Every damn morning I have to go through this bullshit as long as Cooper's around. Me and Joji woke up to Sadie and Cooper standing above our bunk and they were staring into our soul and said, "Hi stinky" as Sadie climbed into our bunk and whispered "boogie" into Joji's ear. He started fake crying so I asked what she said.

    "She said boogie!" Joji fake cried as he hugged me and put his head on my chest as I rubbed his back and held his hand.

    "Did that spook you?" I asked him.

    "Yes." Joji started fake crying even more and I kissed him on the forehead.

    Cooper and Sadie were giggling like me and my cousin that one time when we were kids and my mom had to spray my entire room with perfume because my cousin let out a stinky.

   "You treat him like a little baby." Cooper was laughing uncontrollably.

    "Hey!" Joji looked at Cooper. "I like being treated like a little baby! Babies get a lot of love and attention and that's what they give me."

    "It's all because I love you." I said to him.

    "I love you too." Joji kissed me on the forehead. My fucking heart melted. The words I've always wanted to hear from him for a couple of years.

    "Take us to McDonald's so we can get a McFlurry!" Sadie jumped on the bunk.

    "Hey, hey. Don't jump on the bunk." I scolded Sadie. "It'll break."

    "Elias and Kylie are asleep, and me and Rae just woke up." Joji told Sadie. "But I can bake something here."

"Oh, really, award-winning chef of the year George Miller?" I teased.

"Yeah. I can flip some pancakes and stir some Nesquik." Joji walked to the dresser to get his apron that read "KISS THE COOK" in big red letters.

    "You didn't even have to ask." I read his apron as I kissed him on the cheek.

    "Cousin Rae likes Juju!" Sadie pointed at us.

    "Oh, they really like him." Cooper whispered to Sadie. "And his name isn't Juju."

    "She can't pronounce his name." I told Cooper.

    "Sadie, it's Joji, not Juju." Cooper tried to correct her.

   "He'll always be my cousin-in-law Juju." Sadie said. "His name is hard to puh-now (she tried to pronounce the word pronounce), so I call him Juju."

    "Y'all want waffles or pancakes?" George asked.

    "Pancakes!" I yelled.