Chapter 10- The Library

Lily...

Lily's POV- 

Our footsteps could be heard echoing through the hallways of the manor, but so could the echoes of a mouse~misca mousca mickey mouse(i can't spell)~. 'Memories of the past won't get me to sing the hot dog song' 

The walk back to  my room was not so great, very long especially with how many windows I went by and stopped to look out at the sunrise.  Which is rather enticing mind you, the sun rays that bring up just the right amount of dust to float around. The covered paintings that I would also pass  by seemed rather difficult to not try and lift the covers of.

Timeskip to room because my mind couldn't comprehend it

I set Katsurou down in my room not really fearing that he will get hurt as Alicia would be in after a bit. Besides he could entertain himself at the moment until the tablet dies. 

'Honestly I don't see anything harmful thats out in the open, so he should be fine, right?' I was already halfway out when Alicia appeared unbothered by the long walk she had to take to get to the room.

"Ah, Lily I was informed that there is indeed a library in the mansion on my way back." Alicia's voice spoke but all I heard was library. "Where might I ask?" I asked as I smiled half-heartedly at her with as much grace as I allowed myself.

"Oh walk straight and head left, if you can smell dust your in the right place" Alicia patted my shoulder lightly before taking off for another nap, while on Katsurou 'duty'.

With her directions I made my way to the library, for some good old reading. Not bothering to alert any of the brothers to my current whereabouts, but seeing as their vampires they may just have to sniff me out.

Reading book after book for hours until interruption made by Yui coming in pressing her hand on where she had been bitten by Ayato ('off-screen').

I was immediately left thinking about whether I should leave her be or help her stop any stray bleeding before any untimely nuances from the brothers.

However I moved without thinking about anything else and my hand rested upon the bite wounds on Yui and I tried reversing the damage it caused to the skin, healing it to the point of just having a dull pain.

"Yui, my dear, I believe Ayato needs better timing." I didn't intend to insult but that was the truth I so wanted out there for her to know.

"I know, I told him to stop but instead he kept going until he had enough."  Yui's response was far from shocking but knowing it now was forever worse to know.

"You're lucky you have me right now, I wouldn't trust the other brothers to be around you, love, when you're bleeding from a wound like that, don't trust the vampires who come for the blood." I wouldn't even trust myself if it wasn't for the fact that I've been blood free for so long

Meanwhile

Katsurou's POV

'everything is so tall when I'm this small' I looked up at the ceiling as the tablet had been docked to charge much like that of phones.

I looked up at big sister Alicia taking a picture-perfect nap, that I wouldn't have been able to get in the long run, slipping off the bed my feet hit the ground before I settled into a crawl.

Scampering off to see if I could find someone to play with.

May luck be in my favour I manage to find this Silvie (Subaru) who didn't seem all that bad to play with, and it's not like he'll hurt a child like me.

Lily's POV

Once I got Yui under control I peered through the curtains out to the garden, seeing a sight that almost broke my heart to empty pieces.

I saw Katsurou playing peekaboo with Subaru, like he should, to get to know his housemates.

"Awwwww" was my immediate response to the scene before I left my gaze away from the pair and looked further out to see if I could find where Shuu was or if I could find anyone else.

I wasn't expecting to feel arms around my waist from behind, and my neck being licked and bitten into, however I just smiled and patted his hands. "Ah right you found me, take the reward with bliss" But not too much was left unsaid.

There was no words to be exchanged between us just the tiniest bit of affection that could be shown.

When Shuu eventually tapered off of feeding on my blood he lazily just unlatched, relicked to close off the wound (like a good boy) and dragged me to sit on his lap.

"Princess treatment?" My questionable response was leaving Shuu unamused however I was given a book to read until either me or him fall asleep.

--

I know this chapter is relatively short and all but I've been having trouble with writers block and all
But rather hope this was enjoyable

-Theseus, Vannili out