𝐓𝐖𝐎

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

    AWARENESS WAS A QUALITY THAT ASTRID WAS AN EXPERT IN. As royalty, she was expected to keep sharp eyes and good ears out for any sign of a threat to her life. And as she grew older, it was needed for much more things. However, maybe she had gotten too confident in her ability, her lack of awareness of the red flags Anakin had given was what led him down the path he took. She wished she were more attentive and alert.

     With the Empire's rise, she realized that she had to be aware. At first, the Emperor was looking for her, now, it was Vader. She was constantly being sought after and she needed to be alert. She had also realized that, as much as she loved to be a general, she needed to be a mother to Maya. She had been away from the girl for much too long and she refused to do it again. So, as hard as it was, Astrid had stepped down from her position as Grand General and had given her spot to Ahsoka.

    Stale and frozen morning air flowed through the large windows, leaving an oddly fresh scent in its wake. The large home was quiet, not a word spoken in the morning lights. Maya was asleep in Astrid's bed—she refused to sleep anywhere else since Astrid had returned from Mustafar. The spot next to her is empty where Astrid would normally lie.