TAKEOVER PT. 2

Qibli paced nervously around his cave, hoping that Winter could wake up soon. Would he be able to fake asking Winter out? No. He knew that it would HAVE to be real. Qibli wondered who the 'watchers' were. Were they watching right now? Why? He suspected that it had to be someone he knew, or Winter knew. 

Qibli hesitated then quickly walked out of the sleeping cave, and flew out of Jade Mountain a moment later. He spread his pale- gold wings and felt the wind lift himself up. He swooped down quickly and felt his talons close on a mountain goat, who was bleating furiously. He quickly killed it with a swift bite and it went limp. Then Qibli picked some wildflowers growing nearby, soft rosy pink, and sky blue, with a mix of sun yellow. 

---

When Qibli entered the sleeping cave, Winter was awake and stretching his body. "Hey, scruffy-snout." Winter said, yawning. "Hey..uh- I got breakfast for you...and uhmm- flowers." He said, slightly awkwardly. Winter eyed him for a moment then murmured his thanks. "So uhm- I got something to uhhh- ask you." Qibli said, coughing in between words. Why did his scales feel like they were on fire? Where did all of his amazing confidence go? His brilliant words? 

"What?" Winter asked, taking bites of the goat. "Uhh- I- I- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR?" Qibli blurted, surprised he chickened out. 'What am I, a dragon or a scavenger?' He thought, embarrassed and angry with himself. "Blue or maybe white, ooh- or silver. " Winter answered, a slightly confused tone running through his voice. Winter continued eating his breakfast while Qibli sat down by his desk, trying hard not to shake. Asking someone out was DEFINITELY scarier than any monster or evilness he had faced. Qibli took a deep breath, then spun around to face Winter then practically shouted loud enough for all of Jade Mountain to hear, " WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME?" 

-- 

Kinkajou heard the shout from her cave, then chuckled. "It's working."

--

Winter blinked at Qibli for several long moments, his mouth half- way open. 

He burst out laughing then wheezed. "Good one Qibli." Winter said, chuckling. "It's- uh- not a joke.." Qibli said hesitantly. Winter stared at Qibli for a very long time, then walked out of the cave, not saying a word. He motioned with his tail for Qibli to follow him and they both padded silently to an empty classroom. "Is this a dare?" He growled. Qibli leaned into his ear and whispered, "Someone's got blackmail." Winter gulped and nodded. "Alright, fine. I'll go out with you, Qibli." He said with confidence.

--