TAKEOVER PT. 3

( A note from Aqua: Sorry for not publishing in a while, I was pretty busy with school this week, and I had a bit of writer's block, trying to figure out how to end the last part of the TAKEOVER chapters. Also I wanted it to be a smooth transition to the next chapter, so I hope you enjoy! Now back to your scheduled story..)

---

Spending time with Winter was blissful, even though Winter thought Qibli was "dating" him because of the blackmail. Truthfully, it was half because of the blackmail, and half because he actually DID want to get to know Winter better, not just as a best friend. Qibli ADORED Winter, because of his grumpy personality, and how majestic he was. 

During the afternoon, usually after their classes or during free time, he and Winter would have picnics outside together, or swim in the underground lake, splashing water over each other playfully. Winter usually would glance around, looking in odd places, which Qibli assumed was because he knew they were being watched. 

After a few weeks of dating Winter, Qibli realized he was falling for him hard, but he did a great job of not showing it. Winter seemed to still think of him as a best friend, (that he was pretending to date because of blackmail.)

But Qibli's bliss ended abruptly, on the day when Kinkajou and Moon approached them, giggling. "Qibliiii!" Kinkajou called, waving a talon. "You don't have to 'date' Winter anymore, I'm moving on to my OWN ship, BECAUSEEE TURTLE ASKED ME OUT!" She squealed in delight, and fell on the ground with Moon, both of them giggling uncontrollably. Winter stared at them blankly, then turned to Qibli. "Why did Kinkajou say you can STOP 'dating' me?" He asked, narrowing his eyes. " I- I didn't know she was the one who blackmailed.." Qibli muttered, looking at the ceiling. " Oh- well, I guess I don't have to worry anymore...hah...should've known..anyway, bye Qibli." Winter said, turning to walk away, accidentally brushing Qibli's wing softly. "Yeah..bye." Qibli felt his voice shake a bit, and he clamped his teeth together, trying not to cry and moan, or roll on the floor, or let absolute fury radiate off of him. Qibli stormed over to the library, thinking hard. His thoughts wandered around, thinking things like, 'how could Winter just leave?' and 'did he not FEEL anything...like I did?' and 'I thought we had a connection..' and 'maybe I am just his best friend...and only his best friend..' and then back to 'how could Winter just leave?'

When he reached the library, he curled his tail up, and sidled over to a corner by the fireplace. Qibli sat there, thinking for a long time before finally deciding that he and Winter were better off as friends, even though he hoped that one day, Winter would turn to look at him and think, 'Maybe I like him MORE than a friend..'

---

(a few days later)

Qibli was busy typing out ideas for his next amazing dare, in his sleeping cave. Umber was reading a comic, munching on popcorn listening to Qibli trying to find an idea. "How about you let your fans decide the dare?" He said to Qibli, flipping a page. "Hmm. That's a good idea, Umber!" Qibli said, and started to type again. 

~Hey my fans! Comment ideas for the next dare below, and thank Umber for giving you guys a chance to make your own! Love and respect you! -Qibli of the SandWings~