26*> RETRIBUTION

CLAIRE'S POV

PRESENT DAY

I woke up to the sweet smell of the ocean. I inhaled deeply before opening my eyes to the wonderful scene in front of me.

A smile appeared on my face as I peered closely at the deep blue of the water, the little ripples that happened intermittently, the big waves in the distance, and the infinitive view of the water.

Everything looked so ethereal.

It almost felt like I was dreaming, but then the boat rocked and I realized that I was on the water.

I looked down at my hands that were bound to the railing of the boat.

Panic settled in when I remembered that Amir had drugged me unconscious. More panic pumped into my system when I realized that I was in the middle of the ocean.

"You're finally awake." I heard Amir say from behind me.

I snapped my head quickly to him with a hard look, "Why the fuck did you-" I paused when I felt the dryness in my throat.

"Drink," he put an open bottle of water in front of my mouth.

I looked at it skeptically before looking at him, "How do I know it's not poisoned or drugged?" I questioned.

He chuckled, "If I wanted to kill you, I would have done it before you woke up, and I have no plans to drug you anytime soon... unless you give me a reason to." he said the last part in a suggestive tone.

I didn't really care whether the water was poisoned or drugged, I just felt like asking.

I immediately placed my mouth on the lid of the bottle and gulped greedily. I even tipped the bottle over with the way I sucked the bottle mercilessly.

I sighed satisfyingly afterwards. "You bastard!" I screamed at the top of my voice, alarming Amir.

He stumbled backwards a little since he was still bent forward as he fed me the water.

"How dare you kidnap me!" I yelled again.

He straightened himself before saying, "You surprise me all the time."

"I asked you a question, damn it!" I frowned at him.

"Claire, you need to chill out. Take a chill pill," he said casually.

He then crouched in front of me, "You know what, I promise to answer all your questions, but that will be after I'm certain your lunatic of a fiance isn't on my tail. For now, you should take advantage of the situation and enjoy the beautiful scenery."

In a matter of seconds, the whole content of my stomach was hurled onto Amir's face. I cringed in worry, but then I remembered that he deserved it, and my face turned up in a smile.

"Oops. Sorry, did I forget to tell you that I'm seasick?" I said before breaking out in giggles.

He grunted frustratedly as he stood to his feet. "You fucking annoy me, but I still can't find a single bone in my body to get angry at you," he grunted again before walking away.

~

Unfortunately, the vomiting didn't stop there. I continued to throw up relentlessly until a fever took over my body, but Amir refused to remove me from my shackles.

"This is pure cruelty, you know?" I tried to guilt him into freeing me from the ropes around my wrist that were starting to hurt like a bitch.

"I did that already and you fucking knocked me out with a fire extinguisher and tried to escape." he reminded me of the stunt I had pulled when he took me to the bathroom two hours ago.