Chapter 3

"Crazy Yi, what are you doing?! You're not allowed to touch this lady's hand!" Song Yu Meng struggled, "let go of me!"

Yi Ran loosened her grip on Song Yu Meng's wrist and saw there was a red mark on her pale wrist. Softening her tone, she said: "Don't tell me you want to embarrass yourself in front of the whole class?"

Song Yu Meng calmed down slightly.

"So, what were you trying to do just now?" Yi Ran looked at her steadily.

"What was I doing? Of course, I was going to warn that damned white lotus. She really thinks she's something, who gave her the courage to sit next to Liu Luo Yang gege!"

Once she recalled the scene of Xu Yuan and Liu Luoyang speaking, Song Yu Meng's anger came back in full force.

Yi Ran placed her hand on her forehead, feeling her frustration mounting. She said helplessly: "Come on, the seating was arranged by Tang Seng. What are you blaming Xu Yuan for? If you have the ability, score first in the exams, then the one sitting next to Liu Luo Yang would be you."

"Hey! Why are you speaking up for that white lotus? Are you very close with her?" Song Yu Meng couldn't stand anybody standing up for that white lotus, what more when it's her second most hated person, Crazy Yi.

Yi Ran cocked her head to a side and looked at her, "Am I speaking up for her? I'm just stating the facts, you're overthinking it."

"Hmph, it better be that way." Song Yu Meng lifted her chin arrogantly, "I'm telling you, don't interact too much with that Xu Yuan. You can tell she's nothing good with one glance. If you get cheated, don't blame this lady for not reminding you."

The more Song Yu Meng said, the more frustrated she got, until she started scolding Xu Yuan again: "That damned white lotus, don't think she's a big shot just because she got to sit next to Liu Luo Yang gege. If she dares to seduce my Liu Luo Yang gege, this lady is going to make her pay!"

Yi Ran folded her arms and looked at Song Yu Meng in amusement, thinking: More like the person who's not good is you.

"Xiao-Yu[1], turns out you're here." Su Xiao Xiao ran over and stood at the rear door, panting. "Oh, student Yi Ran, you're here too."

Yi Ran nodded in response, stroking her chin while she was trying to figure out who she was.

"Xiao Xiao, why are you here?" Song Yu Meng's tone went back to normal.

Thanks to the reminder from Song Yu Meng, Yi Ran finally remembered.

The girl standing at the rear door is Su Xiao Xiao, an innocent sweet girl who was Song Yu Meng's one and only true friend.

In the book, Song Yu Meng had a bunch of fake friends[2], surrounded by people who only wanted to suck up to her and reap the benefits. She couldn't be bothered to figure out which of them were genuine or fake, as long as they made her happy, it was fine.

"Teacher Tang is here, she asked me to call you two back to the classroom." Su Xiaoxiao explained, "let's go back quickly."

Song Yu Meng en-ed[3] in acknowledgement, then turned her back to Yiran: "Hmph, this lady is magnanimous and shan't hold it against you."

Having said that, she left with Su Xiao Xiao, leaving a view of her arrogant silhouette to Yi Ran.

"Scaredy cat." Yi Ran complained quietly.

......

The next morning, the piercing sunlight shone on Yi Ran's face, waking her up. She sat up on the bed and grabbed at her sleep-mussed hair, her vision still blurry.