Chapter 11

The bell indicating the end of the exam rang and students left once the invigilator collected their exam booklets.

Yi Ran exited the hall first, but she didn't leave right away. She leaned against the wall near the front door, waiting for Song Yu Meng.

One by one, the students exited the hall and Song Yu Meng finally came out too. Seeing Yi Ran loitering there, she said: "You annoying brat, why haven't you left?"

Yi Ran smiled mildly, "I'm waiting for you, I have something to say."

The first half of the sentence made Song Yu Meng blush imperceptibly.

"Hurry up and spit out whatever nonsense you want to say, this lady wants to leave." Song Yu Meng turned around and acted as if she was about to walk off.

Yi Ran held onto her wrist, "Don't go yet. I just wanted to say, I think I did pretty alright this exam, I should be able to get a pass I think?" Yi Ran put her hand to her chin and frowned as if deep in thought. "I was thinking, maybe the bread you made actually has the superpower of giving the person who eats it extra marks? No wonder Liu Luo Yang always scores so well."

At the mention of the bread, Song Yu Meng flared up: "Stop talking rubbish, his grades were always good!"

"Alright then." Yi Ran continued, "don't bring the bread anymore, or else I might be unable to control myself and snatch it again. Oh right! Don't forget you're treating me to milk tea on Friday after school too."

"Scram!"

Yi Ran ran into the crowd going down the stairs, Song Yu Meng couldn't catch up to her even if she wanted to.

What a bother!

......

The maths exam was scheduled for Thursday afternoon, so plenty of people took the chance for a quick nap in the early afternoon after they finished revising.

Song Yu Meng was just about to stretch out over her table for a quick doze when Yi Ran grabbed her wrist and brought her to the empty classroom next door with an exercise book, a notepad and a pen in her other hand.

Song Yu Meng pulled her hand back and complained: "Hey, Crazy Yi, what's the problem with you again? You're not taking a nap but pulling me here instead?"

"To talk about the questions." Yi Ran opened the exercise book and tapped the trigonometry question. "This question, I told you to remember how to solve it, did you? Explain it to me."

Song Yu Meng glanced at the question and confidently replied: "First, use the sum and difference formula, then use the double angle formula to simplify. It's such an easy question, but you're still testing me." Folding her arms, turning her head away, she looked incredibly confident and arrogant.

"Alright, alright, you're smart, okay?" Yi Ran said, "the next time you see this sort of trigonometry question, just do it this way. As long as the important steps are all written down, you won't get any marks deducted."

Song Yu Meng raised her chin even higher, "this lady was smart all along."

This scaredy-cat really knew how to only listen to stuff that she wanted to hear. Yi Ran smiled helplessly and asked: "If you're so confident, then did you remember all the other formulas?"

"Of course! Every time I open my book, I see that piece of paper of yours. Even if I didn't want to memorize it, I wouldn't have any choice."

Yi Ran's smile grew bigger. She thought that the paper would have been thrown into the rubbish bin by now, who would have expected it to still be kept in the book?