Chapter 21

Immediately, everybody looked at Yi Ran, but she calmly opened the bottle and chugged down half the water.

Nobody expected Yi Ran to snatch away the bottle that Song Yu Meng was planning on giving Liu Luo Yang, but they were all waiting for a reaction.

Song Yu Meng pointed at Yi Ran and started yelling angrily: "How many times have you snatched my stuff, how could you be so shameless, Yi Ran?!"

Yi Ran acted all innocent and said: "I was too thirsty after finishing my badminton game, so I came to drink your water."

Refusing to be talked down, Song Yu Meng continued: "If you were thirsty, why didn't you go buy a bottle with He Xiao meng? You had to snatch mine?"

"Yes!" Yi Ran smiled happily. "I just felt like the bottle you had was sweeter."

"You, you, you! You're shameless!" Song Yu Meng scolded, still pointing at Yi Ran.

Yi Ran smiled and nodded with a "whatever you say" expression, completely not caring about what Song Yu Meng was saying.

Su Xiao Xiao was on pretty decent terms with Yi Ran, so she pulled on Song Yu Meng's arm and said: "Xiao-Yu, don't be angry. Just get Yi Ran to buy a bottle for you in compensation."

"No!" She rejected the idea immediately and said: "You don't know how outrageous Crazy Yi is! She's taken my stuff too many times, I can't just let it slide!"

She pouted and stared at Yi Ran, who didn't look the slightest bit guilty, choosing instead to smirk at Song Yu Meng.

"You're still laughing!!!"

At this moment, Liu Luo Yang stopped Song Yu Meng. "Alright, alright. It's just a bottle of water, it's fine. Don't argue with our classmate because of it."

Liu Luo Yang wasn't angry at all that Yi Ran snatched the bottle. In fact, he was happy. He didn't want to take the bottle in the first place. This way, he didn't need to worry about how to reject nicely.

Song Yu Meng immediately shut up, anger turning to happiness. "Then, Liu Luo Yang gege, I'll go get another bottle for you?"
Yi Ran turned away with a slight scoff, why didn't she say she would buy Yi Ran a bottle?

Liu Luo Yang smiled and shook his head. "There's no need. There's so much water here, no need to waste your money."

Hearing that, all the girls surged forwards trying to give Liu Luo Yang their bottle of water. He rejected all of them, then walked around to a corner.

Xu Yuan stood in that corner, and Song Yu Meng's heart froze. All she could do was pray that Liu Luo Yang wouldn't take that white lotus' water.

Things never go according to her wishes though, and Liu Luo Yang took Xu Yuan's water. To be exact, Xu Yuan had her head lowered, the bottle in her arms when Liu Luo Yang took the bottle.

Xu Yuan looked surprised, and Liu Luo Yang smiled while opening the bottle and ferociously chugging down a few mouths before capping it. "Thanks, it's almost time for class. Shall we go back together?"

Xu Yuan kept her head down and softly said "okay."

With everybody's eyes on them, the two of them walked side by side back up. Some people felt they were a great match, while others were jealous.
Some angry guys even threw their water bottles on the floor and shouted: "Goddamn it[1] Liu Luo Yang, are you worthy to walk with my goddess?!"

As the bell rang, everybody started heading back to class.

But Song Yu Meng was still nagging at Yi Ran over the water.

"Crazy Yi, how despicable is your hand! How many times has it been! Shameless! If it wasn't for you snatching my bottle, Liu Luo Yang gege wouldn't have taken Xu Yuan's!!! It's all your fault--"

Yi Ran couldn't figure out what was going on. She was clearly being scolded, but why did she want to smile so badly? She looked at Song Yu Meng puffing her cheeks up, like a squirrel hiding nuts in its cheeks.

Wasn't it kind of cute?

Su Xiao Xiao was also standing beside awkwardly. She wanted to tell Song Yu Meng not to scold Yi Ran, but she couldn't. She decided-- seems like the only way is to drag Xiao-Yu away!

"Crazy Yi, what are you laughing at me for?!" Song Yu Meng suddenly felt at a loss. "You're still laughing! What the hell are you laughing at! You......"
Before she had a chance to finish her sentence, Su Xiao Xiao started dragging Song Yu Meng away.

"Class is starting, let's go Xiao-Yu!"

"Hey! Don't drag me away, I haven't scolded Crazy Yi enough yet!"

Yi Ran gazed at the bottle in her hand and smiled, before running to the commissary.

"Autny, give me a carton of Nongfu spring water." Yi Ran panted.

The commissary lady was stunned. She had bought all the snacks in the commissary the previous time, and now she wanted a carton of water.

"Student, you're sure it's a carton of Nongfu spring water and not a bottle?"

Yi Ran nodded. "Yeah, a carton, not a bottle."

"Umm, alright then."

The lady struggled to heave the carton of 24 bottles onto the counter and patted it. "It's not light, can you carry it yourself?"

"Don't worry, I can do it!"

Yi Ran swiped her card, then carried the carton to the classroom. To her, it was still in the acceptable weight range, but it was just that people kept staring at her along the way, so she felt quite awkward.
Song Yu Meng wanted to grab her cup to take some water, but she heard a loud "BANG" from the back and turned around.

On the floor, an entire carton of Nongfu spring water had appeared, with a panting Yi Ran behind.

Song Yu Meng laughed: "Mover, you moved the wrong thing. You should have carried that type of water instead." She pointed at the water tank on top of the water dispenser, thinking Tang Xiang Ping had asked Yi Ran to carry the refill in.

"You're the mover! I'm giving you this carton of water; you better not say I'm stealing your water from now on."

Song Yu Meng wasn't sure if she should cry or laugh. She had just said a sentence carelessly, why did Crazy Yi take it so seriously?

Tang Xiang Ping walked in at this moment. Seeing Yi Ran give Song Yu Meng a carton of water, she pushed up her spectacles and praised: "Yi Ran, you're really generous, buying a carton of water for Song Yu Meng. Your relationship must be pretty good."

Seems like the rumors on the school forum that these two didn't get along are all fake, Tang Xiang Ping thought to herself.
"Who has a good relationship with her, I hate her the most!" Song Yu Meng quickly retorted, scared Tang Seng would misunderstand.

Yi Ran smiled and said: "If our relationship wasn't good, would I buy you a carton of water? You never say what you mean."

The rest of the students laughed loudly.

"This lady doesn't want your water!" Song Yu Meng's temper flared up.

"You said it yourself, don't blame me." Yi Ran replied. "There's space here, I'll leave the carton here first then."

Song Yu Meng hmph-ed and took her seat, not replying to Yi Ran.

Yi Ran asked: "Say something, yes, or no?"

Turning her head aside, Song Yu Meng didn't say anything.

"Yes, or no?" Yi Ran asked again, bending down and trying to catch her eye.

Tang Xiang Ping couldn't stand it anymore, using her index finger to push Yi Ran's head gently. "Why keep asking? If she didn't say no, doesn't it mean she's agreeing? How could you not understand?"

Yi Ran finally got it. For someone as proud as Scaredy Cat, she wouldn't say it even if she agreed.
"Thanks, miss Song, then I'll put this carton here for now."

Song Yu Meng was speechless, thinking: Please don't thank me, just get lost!

Tang Xiang Ping smiled: "You really can cheer up over the slightest thing. Get back to your seat and get ready for class."

"Alrighty, I'm going."

Yi Ran sat down, smiling as radiantly as the sun shining outside the window.

She didn't know why she was so happy either.

Tang Xiang Ping stood on the platform and started her lesson, while Yi Ran was sitting at the last row and basking in the sunlight.

If she wasn't looking outside at the people on the field, she would be secretly stuffing candies into her mouth. If she wasn't gorging herself on candy, she would be looking at Song Yu Meng.

Using a book to hide and checking herself out in a mirror, narcissistic! Zoning out while looking at the electric fan, not paying attention in class! Looking at the carton of water, what's there to look at! Smiling stupidly at Liu Luo Yang, that dummy! Looking at me, how baffling!
Eh? Looking at me??

"!!!" Yi Ran quickly turned her head and used the book to hide her face. She was peeping at someone else fangirling and got caught, how awkward.

But thinking of Song Yu Meng's dopey expression, she couldn't hold back a smile.

Scaredy Cat was so silly!

Because Yi Ran hid behind her book, she couldn't see Song Yu Meng blushing. She had looked at the carton of water and thought of the owner, who knew Crazy Yi was looking at her too.

Not even paying attention in class, what was she looking at me for? There's something wrong with Crazy Yi!

After 40 minutes passed in a blur, class was released.

Yi Ran walked over and unsealed the carton, taking a bottle of water. Song Yu Meng saw it and slapped her hand, saying: "Who said you could take it? This is this lady's water, put it back."

Yi Ran held the bottle behind her back and said: "You obviously said you didn't want it earlier, so this is still my water. Why? Is there something wrong with me drinking my water?"
"Who said I don't want it? From now on, this is this lady's water. You can forget about even taking one bottle away, give it back to me!" Song Yu Meng reached out to snatch the bottle.

"Alright alright, how old are you even? Why are you still acting like a child?" Yi Ran teased with a smile.

"Hmph, who needs you to care about this lady!"

Song Yu Meng snatched the bottle from Yi Ran and stuffed it back into the box. She even took a marker to write "Song Yu Meng" on the box.

Yi Ran thought to herself: How old is she, she's too immature!

----------------------------------------------

[1] 我去他妈的 - Honestly this is more like.... "F*ck you" LOL but I thought it might be a bit too much to use here.