Chapter 28

The summery ocean breeze was gently blowing Ysa's hair while she was walking barefoot along the glistening shore on a late afternoon, just half an hour before the sun set.

She needed to breathe. And the wide horizon in front of her helped her relieved suffocation.

Ysa breathed. Deep. Somehow, she felt at peace. Even if its just temporary, kailangan niya iyon. Kanina lamang ay tumawag sa kaniya si Clarence at nagtatakang ibinalita sa kaniya na hindi na daw nito makita iyong video link na ipinapanood nito sa kaniya.

She also tried searching for it. And to her surprise, all contents, articles, and news about the incident inside the Pasalubong Store were miraculously taken down.

How did that happen?

Maybe her family found about it and used their influence to take them all down. Pero kung pamilya niya ang may gawa niyon, dapat sana ay tinawagan na siya ng mga ito at tinanong tungkol sa pangyayari. She would have been bombarded with questions. But there's none. They were quite. So it means, it's not her family.

Then who could it be?

She bit her lips when a name popped in her mind.

Kline?!

Her tears fell. Alam niyang kayang gawin ng binata ang lahat para sa kaniya. Even if it seemed impossible, if it's for her, Kline never seemed to ran out of ways of making things possible. Just for her. That's Kline.

"Nakaka-inis ka talaga!" Sabi niya habang tumutulo ang luha na tila ba kaharap lamang ang binata.

But she knew, it's not Kline's fault. Siya ang may problema. And she hated herself for... for...

She could not admit.

One thing's for sure. She hated that she's become so dependent on Kline. Lalo na sa sitwasyon niya ngayon.

And yes, she missing him. And it's becoming worst lately. To the point that she needed to imagine him inside her room. That he was her pillow she was holding at night so she could feel safe and fall asleep.

At lalo siyang naiiyak dahil sa inis. Ni hindi man lang siya dinadalaw ng binata. Nakalimutan na ba siya nito? Yes she rejected him, for the nth time, pero hindi naman niya sinabing kalimutan na siya nito at huwag na silang magkita!

Eh di ba gusto mo naman na huwag kayong magkasama para maka-move on ka sa feelings mo sa kanya? Girl, naluluka ka na ba? It's confusing Ysa. Choose your narrative please!

Napa-pikit siya ng mariin.

Shit! I never imagined na magkaka-ganito ako nang dahil sa lalake? She said while holding her head na akala mo lukaret.

"I hate you Kline! Bwisit ka!" Gigil na sabi niya dito.

Then she closed her eyes and tried to calm her nerves. She listened to the rhythm of the waves.

Wait. Why don't you call him and ask him to visit? Her calm mind asked. Bakit nga ba hindi? Para siyang tanga na hintay ng hintay samantalang pwede naman niyang tawagan ang binata anytime. Maybe because of her pride?

What good can come out of pride?

She exhaled and searched for her phone of her pocket. She was staring at Kline's phone number and handsome thumbnail photo for God knows how freaking long.

"You are just going to ask for a visit, as a friend. What's wrong with that?" She was convincing herself.

Yeah it's just a visit. Gusto lang naman niya makita uli ang kaibigan niya na nami-miss na niya. There's nothing wrong with wanting to see your friend.