FIVE

UNHOLY

CHAPTER FIVE(the right one)

✣✣✣

Unholy, that's the only word the people of Cochram had used to describe the sounds coming from their local church when they had gone to Uhtred to complain. Uhtred had sighed, and wondered why they felt the need to complain, but when he, Sihtric, and Finan walked towards the Church they had heard the last whimpers of people clearly doing what the people said, unholy things.

None of the three men could wait to see who would walk out of the church, and none of them would have betted it was Osferth who emerged from the Church, fixing his clothes as he walked out. The three men were stumped and looked with disbelief as Osferth looked up with reddened cheeks. "Lord" Osferth said as he saw Uhtred. "I cannot wait to see who managed to take the sweet innocent baby monk" Finan laughed as he watched Osferth trying to make himself presentable.

Osferth didn't look up when Alora walked out after him, she had fixed her dress. The three men fell silent, their laughter was gone when they saw Alora. They had never expected for her to walk out after Osferth. "Alora?" Finan asked. "What?" Alora asked. "Am I needed somewhere?" she asked. But the men shook their heads.

Alora walked away from them, rolling her eyes. It was nothing special, or something either she or Osferth should be ashamed off. Osferth didn't speak a word to the three men as he followed after Alora. She sat in a chair near the fire, having opened a book with a collection of poems.

"I don't want what we have to stop" Osferth said, standing straighter as he looked at Alora who looked from her book. "How do you want us to continue, my sweet baby monk" she asked as she looked at him. Osferth did a quick scan of the house, so quick Alora barely noticed. Osferth kneeled down before her, as he held one of her hands. "You have possessed my body, and my soul, and I don't want anything other than to be with you, in every sense" Osferth said, and Alora gave him a weak smile.

She closed her book and turned fully to him, her slender finger moving away some of the longer hairs that fell on his forehead, before she placed her hand on his cheek. "You deserve a woman better of your time" Alora said as she looked at him. "You have experienced a new kind of pleasure, this is not what you want, I am not what you want." Alora said, she had seen it happen before, Osferth was living in a new sense of euphoria and none of his feelings were true, he was chasing a high he had never experienced before, but soon it would die down and he'd not want her anymore.

It had happened to her before, the first man she gave herself to, with the promise of marriage and their own place, but soon after he noticed he could find the same high with other women. But when she had told Osferth how she felt about it, he looked at her confused. He could not imagine having such desires for anyone else but Alora.

"I would never love or desire another, my lady" Osferth said, holding her hand gently. "Oh, my sweet, words are empty if you cannot prove them" Alora said before she stood up. "I can be the object of your lust, but I will never be the one for your love" Alora said, not knowing how wrong she'd be.