SEVEN

UNHOLY

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

✣✣✣

Alora had stayed behind, she didn't want to deal with the Danes any more than she had previously, it had made Osferth feel both uneasy as comforted. Knowing she would be away from the fight but also too far away for him to protect.

Gisela had stayed with Alora, and with the children and she had looked upon Alora's face and wondered why it held such sorrow. "Cannot be without Osferth?" Gisela asked as she looked at Alora. Alora looked at her and gave her a weak smile. "I have laid with many, I will not deny that, nor will I apologise for it, but not one has Osferth looked at me like I am nothing but a whore or dirt underneath his boot." Alora said as she smiled softly. "I have never felt this intensely about someone, and when they said they would leave to help the king, I started to count" Alora said as she sat back in her chair.

"You are with child?" Gisela asked, excitedly, but Alora shook her head. "I have reached my blood moon, just after they left" Alora said playing with her fingers. "Never have I been more disappointed I have than since I started my relationship with Osferth" Alora admitted. Gisela gave her a small smile. "There is still time, from what Finan says you two lay together like bunnies" Gisela laughed, and Alora rolled her eyes. "I never expected it from Osferth if I'm honest, but I'm not complaining" Alora said, and Gisela raised her brow teasingly. "Now there is something I didn't expect" she said, and Alora smiled.

They had been away from the men for two days, and while they had enjoyed their little alone time away from them, when the men showed up again, both women ran towards them hugging them tight. Osferth was covered in dirt, and Alora checked him for any injuries he might have. "Are you alright?" she asked, placing her hands on either side of his face, making sure he was. "I am fine, my lady" Osferth said. In truth he wasn't not until the moment he was wrapped in her arms again, but the same was said about Alora.

Her blood moon might have annoyed her, but the absence of Osferth from her arms and bed was even more horrid than any blood moon she could imagine. Osferth wrapped his arms tightly around her waist, burying his face in the crook of her neck as he held her close. "I am fine now" he muttered making sure the others wouldn't hear his confession. "I am fine now too" she admitted before taking him back to his room for them to have some privacy.

She wasn't planning on laying with him, no man ever wanted to touch a woman whenever she had her blood moon, but Osferth didn't know, and he immediately tried to lift the skirt of her dress. "Osferth" she said in a slight scolding tone, which made him let out a whimper. He didn't like when she sounded disappointed in him. "I am sorry" he apologised, lower her skirt again, but Alora felt slightly bad. "I cannot yet give you the pleasure you seek, but I can give you other sorts" she said caressing his face, his eyebrows furrowed. "Why not?" he asked looking confused. "I have my blood moon, my sweet baby monk" Alora said and Osferth didn't seem to understand fully.