Insufferable Know It All

"GINNY, GET A MOVE ON WOULD YOU! The stairs are changing" I giggled as she struggled to keep up with me

"GINNY, GET A MOVE ON WOULD YOU! The stairs are changing" I giggled as she struggled to keep up with me. "I'm coming, okay? I ate too much for my liking" she groaned. I laughed as I waited for her impatiently. It was the first night of our fifth year at Hogwarts and we were already the last to the Griffyndor common room. It felt as if we weren't here for ages. The last time we left Hogwarts it was as a normal as Hogwarts could be. This year felt different though, the atmosphere seemed to be darker and even though it was spring, it felt chilly all the time...

"Hey, you doze off for a second there" Ginny interrupted my thoughts. "I was just thinking... This year Hogwarts doesn't feel the same don't you think? I mean, do you feel it or is it just me?" I asked looking at my surroundings. "You are saying that now that we know You Know Who is back, it feels rather weird. And yes it does feel stranger than it already did" she answered. "Do you think he'll come here? Don't you think he'll try to attack the castle?" I wondered, "Harry is here after all..." "I really hope he doesn't" she shivered at the thought. "As long as Dumbledore is here; he can't touch us, he can't touch Harry. He knows he can't outmatch him" I assured. "Let's just not dwell on that, please" she grabbed hold of my arm and led me to the Gryffindor common room.

As we were on our way, I caught a glimpse of Draco Malfoy. Merlin knows where he was heading because, I did
happen to know that the Slytherin common room was not that way. He was walking past us, not even focusing on his surroundings, when I stopped his tracks, "Where do you think you are going?" "Not that is any of your business but, I was heading to the Slytherin common room, Granger", he hissed stopping his tracks. "Well I happen to know, Malfoy, that the Slytherin common room is not that way" I retorted. He walked towards me stopping inches from my face, "Don't you get tired of being an insufferable know it all, just like your sister. Always up in anybody's business", he said annoyed. "Don't you get tired of being and insufferable jerk" I retorted. "You don't know with who you are dealing with, Granger" he said annoyed.  "I'm deeply sorry, Malfoy, I wouldn't want your father hearing about this, least we not forget that one time my sister punched you in the face" I said back. He smiled sarcastically, "Trust me that will never happen again. Besides, you seem too fragile to be on the puncher side like your sister" he chuckled coldly. "I'm not fragile Malfoy, I just wouldn't waste my energy on someone like you", I countered. "Hailee, he is not worth it. Please, let's just leave", Ginny cut in. That's when I realize Draco had gotten too close and I guess he realized it too because, he took a step back and his eyes staring at the floor. "Look, I just thought you were lost. I thought I'd be nice and tell you. You seemed so distracted earlier" I told him. "I am not lost and if you don't mind I have to get going" he huffed and with that he left in the same direction. "Hey! You are still taking the wrong way!" But he ignored me and kept walking. "Hailee, come on" Ginny pulled me towards our destination.

"Why the sudden interest in Malfoy? You've never spoken to him before" Ginny asked her brows frowning as she kept walking. "Like I said, I was just trying to be nice" I answered as we climbed the stairs to the common room. "No one is nice to Malfoy, he doesn't appreciate nice" she states.
"I know, I won't try it again", I replied. When we reached the common room, everyone was already having a chat and, some were already heading to the dormitories. We chatted with friends including Harry, Ron and Hermione and watched how everyone tried the Weasley twins new merchandise. It was fun while it lasted but, soon enough it was time to head to bed. Hermione, Ginny and I headed to the girls dormitories still laughing at how Ron had eaten a rotten every flavored bean and was almost sick on the common room floor. We quickly changed into our sleeping gear and headed to bed.

I was startled and jumped in bed, when lighting and thunder started to strike outside in the cold night. There was clearly something wrong in the atmosphere and on this castle. My Granger sixth sense or definitely something told me Draco felt it too or worst, due to his strange actions today maybe he had something to do with it. That's when I started asking myself, why do I care so much about what this boy does or what happens to him when all he thinks of me is that I was,"An insufferable know it all"?