I'll Always Be A Mudblood And You'll Always Be A Jerk

FIRST DAY OF CLASSES AT HOGWARTS and I felt like I hadn't slept a thing

FIRST DAY OF CLASSES AT HOGWARTS and I felt like I hadn't slept a thing. I had spent all night worrying about what I had told Ginny last night on the staircase and scared that something might happen while I was asleep. But, I guess I was paranoid besides, there was no place safer than here with Dumbledore in charge. I rose from my bed and took a shower and finished getting dressed with my uniform. By the time I was finished, Ginny was already waiting for me in the common room.

"There you are. You always take so long getting dressed. Woah, you look like you didn't sleep a thing. Are those bag under your eyes? Do you feel alright?" she asked. "Yes, I'm perfectly fine. I just had a bad dream, that's all" I lied. "Surely, it couldn't be because of Draco Malfoy right? Are you still thinking about him?" Ginny eyed me crossing her arms in front of her. "No, of course not. What makes you think of that?" I asked. "Nothing, it just seemed like you were so bothered by him. Changed your whole mood last night" she shrugged.

"I can assure you Draco Malfoy is the least of my worries, Ginny", it was partially the truth and partially a lie again. I think he is been more in my head that I should allow him to but, I wasn't going to admit that either. "Okay, well then let's hop to it. We don't want to be late to Transfiguration. McGonagall will be mad if we come in late" she hurried down the stairs. "Please, Professor McGonagall adores me" I caught up with her smirking. "Yes, well we aren't all that lucky" she rolled her eyes and I laughed as we hurried to class.

We arrived to the classroom exactly on time and luckily there was a seat for both of us to share in the class.
"Miss Granger, Miss Weasley is about time you joined us" she eyed us. "Sorry Professor, I'll make sure we are earlier next time" I smiled at her. "Very well then, let's begin" she said. The Transfiguration class went on for what seems like hours, it was slightly boring actually but, I happened to be very good at it. Actually, me and Ginny were the best in the class. We quickly and gracefully managed to get our pet into a glass cup and Professor McGonagall was happy with the result. The class flew on and then thankfully it was over.

Ginny and I started walking to our next class, which we also had together. In the hallway, I spotted Malfoy on his own world again, as he seemed to be always, lately. His eyes caught with mine and we stared at each other until I broke our eye contact and kept walking. Nevertheless, I felt his stare still on my back and wondered why was he staring back at me. "What was that?" Ginny stopped my tracks. "What was what?", I questioned her. "That thing you just did with Malfoy" she pointed out. "It's nothing Ginny, truly" I assured her. "That wasn't nothing, are you not telling me something, Hailee? You know you can trust me. You two just exchanged hard glances at each other" she pointed out insisting. "I know I can trust you, and you must trust me nothing it's happening. He just looked at me and I at him" I assured her, although I knew I wanted find him later and ask why was he looking me in that way.

"Malfoy, is not to be trusted Hailee" she eyed me. "I know, Ginny, I promise is nothing" I said for the third time. "Okay then, let's get to Defense Against the Dark Arts, or Snape will cut or heads off for being late" we hurried to the class and arrived there exactly ten minutes early. Everyone that was there early were already seated so we found our seats and waited for Snape to begin. "Can anyone tell me about the werewolf curse? Let's see Miss Weasley" Snape said. "I um I", Ginny stuttered while I held my hand up to help her answer. "You don't know, Miss Weasley? What a pity" Snape wondered.

"Please sir, the werewolf curse is activated in every full moon. They often avoid the moon because it brings back the fear of turning into a monster. Futhermore, when the curse is triggered they forget who their friends and family are and they tend to kill anything that's on their way" I answered for Ginny, which was not a completely good idea when I noticed Professor Snape was looking as if he wanted to murder me. "Miss Granger, I believe in your family runs the trait of talking without given permission to. The same thing happened with your sister when I asked this question in her year. Ten points from Gryffindor, again, for talking when you are not supposed to" Snape said.

"Blimey" I whispered. When the class finished, Snape dismissed us and Ginny and I quickly left the classroom. We were walking down the corridor, while Ginny was laughing at me. "I can't believe you did the same thing as Hermione on her year with Snape" she laughed on, remembering my stupidity in Snape's class. She stopped on her tracks when Harry spotted us and walked our direction. "Hello, Hailee" he hugged me. "Hi, Harry" I smiled. "I was actually looking for you girls, I was wondering if you would want to catch lunch together. Hermione's not done in the library and Ron, well I don't know where he is actually " he looked to his sides trying to find Ron. Ginny blushed as Harry waited for our response but, then I caught eye with Malfoy again only this time he was the one to walk away and I suddenly felt the urge to follow him. "You guys can go ahead, I'll meet you there" I smiled at Ginny knowing she wanted time alone with Harry. She's been with Dean Thomas but she couldn't fool me.

I followed Draco deep into the castle, down the corridors. Then he stopped and took a look at the bird in a cage in front of us. Of course I had to be clumsy again. One of the three heavy books I was holding slipped from my hand and that's when he noticed I was there. "Granger, what are you doing here?" he hissed.
"I- um -I ", I stuttered picking up my books from the floor. "You followed me didn't you?" He asked. "No I was just" I tried. "Spit it out, I don't have all day for mudbloods like you" he smirked. "Fine, I'll spit it out! And forgive me Malfoy, for following your presumptuous self here. You see, I was just wondering, why were staring at me like that earlier today?" I said angrily. "You amuse me, Granger. I like amusement. Especially on this boring school" he said. "I see Malfoy, but the thing is if I ever so amuse you, why weren't you laughing?" I wondered. "Don't you get tired of being a smart mouth" he said back. "Well you don't seem to get tired of being an arse", I fired back. "I enjoy being an arse" he chuckled. I rolled my eyes at him. He got too close to me his breath in my mouth. "Don't roll your eyes at me" he warned. "I can do whatever I wan't. And I'm not your personal amusement, so maybe you can find it in you to stare at other people" I retorted. "I don't have time for silly Mudblood rants. I have more important things to do" he said back. "What can we do? I'll always be a Mudblood and you'll always be a jerk" I slightly snapped. He covered my mouth, "Keep your voice down. Do you really have to be so nosy all the time?" "Depends you have to jerk all the time?" I said through his hand. "I was watching you, lost my head there for a second but, I assure you it won't happen again" he said answering my previous question. I stared at him in shock. What could he possibly mean by that? He took his hand out of my mouth and cupped my face.

"Go with your clan of Gryffindors and don't ever follow me again. Do you understand?" He whispered his lips close to mine. I took a deep breath while he was holding my face and reached for his hand. His eyes suddenly softened but, in a swift moment hardened again as he realized my hand was touching his. He let go of me and walked out but not before saying, "If you follow me again..."
"You'll what?" I cut him off.  He took one last look at me sighing and left, leaving me with my thoughts and my feet carrying myself to the great hall wondering if I could even digest something after this encounter...