chapter eight: deja vu

Deja vu.

The only word to describe the feeling of approaching the trailer park. Although, for Daphne, her biggest fear was more so the thought of coming into contact with Steve after the information of his kiss with Nancy was shared. Daphne didn't think there was anyway to come back from that. Not with their history. Daphne would never allow herself to be treated so badly, no matter how much she had thought she loved Steve. Which she did, painful amounts.

The group stopped in their tracks, they could hear loud music, it was a carbon copy of what they had done in The Upside Down the first time. There was fresh blood thrown over the sign into the trailer park, and Daphne knew it was from them and their attempt to gather whatever creatures towards them. She felt her chest heave at the thought of coming into contact with those things again.

Max had her own business to deal with, with Vecna, so she had left Billy, Eddie and Daphne to continue their ordeal together. Daphne was petrified.

"Okay, weapon check," Daphne ordered, pulling her backpack off of her and pulling out the weapons she gathered, Eddie and Billy following suit.

Daphne shakily placed two guns in her belt, praying they wouldn't go off. Billy reminded both Daphne and Eddie of the safety trigger, and how to shoot straight. Daphne then grabbed two of her liquor filled bottles with rags on, placing them in her deep jacket pockets as she grabbed the matches and put these in her back pocket. After this, Daphne held her nail filled bat in her hands. Eddie and Billy arming themselves with the same, although both having two golf sticks instead of a bat.

As the three glanced at each other, sickness rising in Daphne and Eddie's throats, an adrenaline pumping through Billy, they nodded at each other.

Until the high pitched scream of her brother rattled her ears from the distance.

"Dustin," Daphne's head snapped towards the sound in the near distance, knowing they would have used Eddie's trailer as their base, they ran towards it.

"Hey, there's one on your left!"

"A little busy, Buckley!"

"Use the fire!"

Daphne could hear all of the shouts and screams coming from the group, but before Daphne emerged into the firing line, Billy pulled her back, Eddie stopping in his tracks.

"Let me go!" Daphne growled, her face inches from him.

"We need to look at what we're dealing with here," He gritted, pushing the girl into the side of the trailer as he glanced out.

Daphne didn't know what was happening, but she could see Nancy and Robin fighting off numerous flying bats, no where near as many as there was in the Upside Down, and then she noticed Steve, setting fire to a type of mutated dog that was near him. Daphne's stomach churned at the sight, but it wasn't before she watched a shadow figure run towards someone.

That someone that happened to be Dustin.

All rational thought fell out of her mind, the arm holding her back completely gone as she managed to push her way through, running towards the disgustingly ugly mutant pinning her brother down.

Daphne hadn't noticed the fact that Steve had seen her, his jaw dropping to the ground as his shoulders loosened subconsciously. He didn't quite believe it was Daphne, whether it was the dark sky or the adrenaline scooping through his veins. He was in shock, and he was in shock that she was running directly to the worst looking thing he had ever seen in his life.

Daphne pulled out her gun from her belt, taking the safety off just as Billy had told her and aiming it directly at the things head. Her hands were trembling, so much that she had to hold it with two hands as she approached, her eyes welling with tears at the thing only nightmares were made of.