Chapter Twenty-Nine: Secluded Garden [1]

Luna's fingertips brush through the pages of the books, her forefinger gliding to a sentence imprinted into the rough textured paper. Her attention completely glued onto the words.

'...soon a soul finally occupied the mindless puppet, giving life and color to its plain and pale appearance. The soul thought that it'll be able to live a new life, and it did. Although however, as time pass by the soul soon realize that the puppet started to crumble pieces by pieces, the soul soon fell into despair but it lifelessly gave out a note to the person it cherish in this life, especially to the one who became very close to its heart. The people whom the soul cherish dearly went and visited her but to only find a pile of crumbled ceramic pieces.

The soul had already left, came back to its original body that had became paralyzed because of the accident. It felt lifeless, and as soon as it felt the emotion flew into its body, the soul who came back to its world cried.'

Her fingertip stop at the word 'cried', somehow the story felt similar to what she is going through.

"W-where did you find this book?" Luna couldn't help but ask the boy in her side. Ezryn.

The rustling sound and chirping of birds was the only noise after Ezryn's long hesitation to answer.

"I didn't find it, I wrote it." He answered getting the hard cover book back, as he flip through its pages. Ezryn soon pointed his forefinger below one of the page.

'04-25-585'

It was most likely the date where he wrote what the contains.

Luna was still baffled. She Couldn't comprehend how he could come up with as same plot as her life was now.

"Right, you said you could see the future, does this mean..." She trailed off, awaiting for the boy' reaction.

Ezryn nodded, "Yes also sometimes experience 'Prophetic dreams', but they're just vague dreams and I'd only write down everything I can remember from it. The one you've read is the most recent dream I had which was a month ago." He stated.

"Sometimes?"

"It randomly appears, but there are times where i get this dreams monthly on a certain day which is the 7th. But i haven't gotten one since last week."

Somehow, Luna felt like Ezryn isn't hesitating to reveal this ability of his. Was it because it only gives him vague future or prophecies? Perhaps, more so, he doesn't have control about it. Well, it is called prophetic dream for nothing.

"This might be late but, why are you here?" Ezryn ask putting the book aside. His golden eyes looking sharply at Luna' golden wheat eyes.

In the first place, Luna didn't exactly expect someone to be here, and perhaps so does he. She only assumed that there's no one who wants to enter in this slovenly garden. It was unkempt, screaming that no one even dare to take care of this garden. Although, Luna also find it odd how the weed from where the two sat were all neat and doesn't even seem to grow.

Going back, Luna doesn't really want to talk about why would she bother being in this garden. She thought that perhaps it's the best hideout from him.

"I'm hiding from someone." She vaguely answered.

"What?" Ezryn said baffled, "is someone after you?" He half-teasingly snorted.

"You could say that, an annoying senior, if I may say."

"Dion?" Luna almost choke from his reply, she immediately glance at him perplexed. "I mean, he was the only senior I keep on seeing approaching you oftenly." He added immediately.

"..."

'Dion does appear almost every corner that I pass by, as if he knew where I usually go...creepy.'

"It's fine if you wouldn't want to talk about it, I'm not the type to pry into other's business." He said shrugging off as pull himself up. Fixing his tangled long carnation pink hair.

Luna did the same, as she dusted the fallen leaves that was sitting on top of her head. 

Both started to approach the rusty tattered gate in silence, but then Luna halted as she saw Dion in front.

──────!!!

Her body shuddered, frozen at where she was at. Dion was there, in front of the small rusty gate, looking exactly at where they were at. His presence was making Luna felt as if she was being choked.

Ezryn who seem to have also stop frowning, sweat building up into his forehead.

It couldn't be help, Dion was the president of the students council, it only makes sense that he knew of the existence of this secluded garden. But still...was there really nowhere Luna can his herself from this man?

"Dion, what the hell are you looking at the empty lot? Let's go, we still have work to do. Forget the girl, geez."

A boy who Luna was familiar with suddenly came yanking the arm of Dion, which made him startle. "Oh..." He said, "right sorry, I thought j felt some sort of mana around here. Must've been my imagination."

With one final glance to the seculed garden but assumably has been stated as an empty lot, Dion walked away together with Lucas.

The two; Luna and Ezryn had both a bewildered and perplexed expression as to what they've heard.

'An empty lot?' Luna repeated, bothered by what Lucas had just said earlier.

Luna soon glance to Ezryn, but he seemed to be shocked more than she was. But really, who wouldn't be? To think someone from the student affairs would call this secluded slovenly garden an empty lot.

It doesn't make any sense, the garden was cleary seen and so was the two. They were literally standing close to the rusty gate, where Dion was standing on the other side. But what was that about? They couldn't see them? Is that even possible? How can both of them see this garden so vividly?