Chapter 2: A trip to the library

"Stay focused, Aqua!" Alfonse shouted in command, as I swung a training sword at him. He was teaching me how to fight and defend myself. We've been doing this for 9 days and nights now. Sometimes, Alfonse would get worried if I don't sleep, or I would pass out in the training yard fast asleep.

I let a battle cry as I swung at him, Alfonse stopped my attack with his arm, as he spun and hit me with the hilt in the back. "Gyahh!" I exclaimed as I fell.

"Well, guess that's that," Alfonse smiled as he extends a hand to me. "Here. Need help?"

I looked at his hand, then up to his face. I grinned at him as I used a quick reflex with my leg to trip him, once I got up, I placed the sword in his chest before he could get up.

"Looks like you're the one that needs help up." I smirked at him then giggled.
"Hahahah! Well, now I know that even I still have more to learn than I thought."
"Right. Let's take a break, ok?"

I helped him up and we sat together to drink water. Alfonse was tending his sword as I watched in awe. His sword was unlike the once I've seen.

"Don't you find it a fine blade?" He asked noticing my stare.
"Huh? Oh! I'm sorry I didn't mean to stare so much. I could be absent minded sometimes" I apologized.
"No, no. It is alright. Anyone would've done the same."
"Thank you so much for understanding, Alfonse. Most of the heroes probably think I'm weird. But even though I am, you still treat me with respect. I cannot be happier knowing that."
"Of course. Say, now that we're here and have the rest of the day left, I have something to show you. Follow me."
"Oh, ok." I muttered. Where is he taking me? We both stopped a two doors in one of the Order of Heroes castle halls. Alfonse opened one and let me in first.
"Woah!" I softly whispered at the sight of a grand library. So many books, I've never seen so many in one place. My face was wide eyed and a opened smile at the sight.

I've always loved going to small libraries. But this was something truly wonderful. Sliding ladders attached to reach the highest shelf, golden chandeliers at its roof in different directions, soft couches and cushions with its signature dark Askran blue on different corners. Truly, this is a dream that I don't want to end.

"This place is amazing..." I softly uttered in awe.
"It is, isn't it?" Alfonse sighs contently at the grand room. "This is where I escape to when the toil of royal life becomes tiring. I feel at home here." He runs his fingertips across the books on the wall. Observing his calm expression, I could tell this is a special place for him, it was special to me as well.
"As do I. I never had many friends growing up, and I spent most of my times in libraries."
"Truly? I guess we have more in common than I anticipated." He considered, "Explore as much as you like!"

I started to wander around, not even knowing where to start. I let out happy bits of laughter as I searched. Alfonse follows close behind me, smiling at my uncomposed joy.

"Hmm...Where does this place keep the realms and legends?" I asked Alfonse. "This way, I'll show you."