Chapter 18 Redemption

Fire Emblem Heroes.
Chapter 18: Redemption.

"Run Sharena!" I commanded the starstruck Sharena agter deflecting Hel's attack. War waged in death's castle as a cold fear ripples through the air.
"I can't leave you Aqua!" Sharena shouts refusing to do what I told her. Hríd's horse galloped his way towards her.
"Princess Sharena, we must go!" Hríd said, taking her on his horse, far from Hel, just as I commanded him. I heard how Sharena screamed in denial but couldn't do anything. "I'm sorry Sharena. But I won't make the same mistake again."

I fought Hel, avoiding any risky moves. I used some of the tactics that I recently learned. Eir tried to help me, but Hel shoved her out of the way. She then used magic to knock me back. I scream as I fell wounded. She then warped close to me.

"This... reminds me of something..." she said taunting. I tried to stand, but she pushes me down again. Her power was only getting stronger. "Ah yes! This is how your other self looked at me when she was about die."

"Don't... talk about her... like that!" I panted with anger. I was trying to avenge my other self, and yet her words gets into my skin, making my blood boil with anger. She vanished, but quickly appeared again behind me. My body froze in terror. Alfonse caught my gaze.

"Aqua!" Alfonse's voice was one of fear at seeing me close to death. He extended his hand in the distance, but it wasn't helping him save me.
"Alfonse..." I softly mumbled. I was shaking and powerless.
"Why claim the life of that princess first when I can just put an end to yours?" She mockingly whispers. My eyes were wide. "FAREWELL SUMMONER!"
"NO!"
"ALFONSE!!" Hel's scythe swung, ready to kill me. Everything was going wrong too fast. But I heard the clashing of a blade behind me. I turned to find someone in black armor, and a cape that blocked my vision from Hel, they stopped my attacker. I gasp as I saw who it was.

"I will not allow you to take her again!"
"Líf?!" I gasped.

"So, you turn your back on me as well? You dare to turn back on YOUR RULER!" Hel hissed. Líf swung, but Hel vanished again. My power reacted again as the rite was about to be finished.

"The rite will fail if we don't get there! Can you run?" He asked me. I stood up but wobbling.
"I won't make it if I start running!" I said. Without warning, Líf picks me up, I got startled as he held me in his arms. I stared at him with my face flushed. He got nervous too.
"Hold on tight! ...And don't look back!" He said, I nod and wrapped my arms in his neck as he started to run fast. I buried my face in his chest to make sure I wouldn't look. I tried to not scream as he leaped past the army. His grip grew tighter and tighter each minute.

He doesn't want to lose me again. I felt his pulse racing. He came to a halt when soldiers surrounded us. He places me down gently and unsheathed Sökkvabekkr. Before he ran to battle, he gave me a blade similar to mine. His Aqua's Breidablik.

"You'll need this." He said.
"But Líf... This is yours. I mean- hers! I can't take it!" I exclaimed, he gave it to me anyways.
"She would want me to give it to you." His words stunned me. I took Breidablik and felt a new presence inside me. I felt this world's Aqua.

"Aqua!" I sighed.
"...Let us end this war- once and for all..." She echoes in my mind. Líf and I fought the soldiers. Our pattern was the same as my world's Alfonse, but some of his moves were different. He was faster than I was, and he knows when someone's 3 steps behind him. His reflexes moved with incredible agility.

More soldiers just kept appearing, my strength was slipping from my fight with Hel. Líf grew worried and stood close to me. "There's too many of them!" I exclaimed.

I felt the power reacting again, the rite was almost complete. I had no more time.

"They're finishing the rite!"