01: Home

[TW: mentions of illness, hospital scene, r18+ content]

3rd Person's POV

           Shaking his leg the entire ride, can’t hide the nervousness as he keeps picking the skin and scratching the side of his thumb—he’s fidgeting reason why the driver keeps glancing over him.

He look at the hand on top of his, back to the guy whose eyes are focused on the road.

He look away and tried his best to calm, he felt a gentle caress on his hand—it was warm, it did help him relax a bit.

“Go to sleep,” the guy took a quick glance on him back to the road. “we still have long way to go. She’ll be fine.” he caressed his hand once again before putting it back on the steering wheel.

As if on cue, he suddenly felt sleepy, maybe because it’s already dawn by the time they made their way.

After almost two months, he’ll be back with nothing but full of fear and it won’t let him at peace—the last time he visit their home was during Christmas break.

Yesterday's night, he received a message from his cousin saying his mom was rushed to hospital due to her condition. It was a horror news for him.

He left his family because he needs to work for them, he would sometimes visit them when he had time to do so—but it’s rarely.

Renjun Huang, on his finest twenty-four and a Human Resource Officer of a well known company—his mom is all for him, she’s the reason why he’s working hard, she’s the only family he have. His father already passed away last year, he also doesn’t have any siblings but he has cousins from his mom’s side—although they not entirely cousin because they’re from second generation of their family.

He’s been through a lot these days, his head could explode in any moment especially when his mom is all he cares for.

He felt a gentle tap and soon a caress on his cheek, he slowly opened his eyes. The guy move away when they both realize they are just inches apart.

“We’re here,” he whispered and let Renjun adjust for a bit, clearly still hasn’t get back those sleepless nights with just two hours sleep all throughout their rides.

Renjun wander his eyes around, they’re still inside the car. He soon realized, they are at the parking lot of a seems-like hospital. Dawn are slowly fading and changing into vivid bluish lavender all across the skies.

“You want to eat something first?” the guy asked in a hope to talk to him also maybe Renjun still hasn’t eaten something from last night.

The latter just shake his head and open the door on its own and start making his way inside the building. He already told his cousin that he’ll come and so he got the exact location and room of her mom from it.

He breathed deeply before pushing the door; his mom was peacefully sleeping with an oxygen mask resting on her face as well as the sound of an annoying machine can be hear in every corner of the room.

He’s fighting off his tears seeing his mom in that condition, he also noticed the sudden drop of his mom’s weight, he’s wondering how’s his mom when he’s away or if she’s eating right amount of food.