War: Over

“It’s been a while,” Rina’s father smiled at him, if it weren’t because of business, Jaehyun might take that as genuine approach, but it's too early for him to put his guards down.

The old man motioned him to sit and so he did, he just have to go through this and finish everything, he doesn’t want to let every second passed— he shouldn't waste time.

“I heard that my uncle acquired the biggest share in your company,” he smiled with his eyebrows wiggling as he spoke. “I don’t like competing with my own family, as you see…” They stared at each other then soon laugh at each other.

“Well, it’s up to you sir… I still don’t consider getting married anyway,”

“But I heard from your uncle that the company you’re managing are facing some difficulties,” Jaehyun raised his eyebrow, kinda confused. “Remember what happened in Japan?” he said having an ornery in his overall aura.

Jaehyun played his tongue inside his cheek as he balled his palm into fist. Right, he failed to attained and secured that opportunity due to that incident.

He scoffed as he bowed his head, “That’s why I’m here, sir.” he looked at him, showing off his smile.

“If my uncle continued acquiring shares with you, he’ll gonna take my company in a snap— unless you’re helping him on your will.” He pressed his lips out, acting like an innocent kid. “I heard Rina’s grandfather was my grandfather’s greatest rival back then, how can I assure that your intentions were pure?” he blinks, forming his eyes into doe one.

“You know, I love my uncle so much— he’s like a father to me, and I don’t one someone gloating behind his innocence.” Rina’s father smirk as he tilt his head away. “what if you buy his company from him?” He looked at Jaehyun, full of serious this time.

“Jung was a lot bigger than Kim, that will never happen.” Jaehyun doesn’t know what should he feel at that moment, proud? Probably.

“So, about the marriage… should we continue or decline?” Jaehyun asked serious.

He could see the old man contemplating as he continuously tapping his pen on the table, like the sound of the clock intensifies as seconds pass by.

The stare was going intense as much as the sound of pen slamming onto the table, it only stopped when the old man’s phone rang.

Jaehyun leaned back on his seat as he slightly bowed his head, giving the man a time on his own to answer the phone.

He wander his eyes around, the office was rather packed in a perfect ratio— it wasn’t big but not too small either, he calls it just a humble size.

“I’ll talk to you later.” the old man said to whoever the caller, making him glance at the old man as he ended the call.

“We’ll talk once I got to talk with my daughter, she’s being stubborn at times— y’know, she’s on her phase.” he smiled, closing his eyes as he slightly bowed his head— dismissing him with respect.

“Can I ask why’s that picture facing the wall?” Jaehyun didn’t even have to point the said picture as the old man already knows what picture he’s talking about.

He saw how the old man rest his face into stoic one, but Jaehyun remained the smile on his face— he’s getting intrigued what was behind that frame.

*****

Grabbing the golf club as he walk fast through the hallway, staff and some of the personnel were trying to stop him— alarmed by his taunting demeanor as he tightened his jaw as well as the grip on the golf club, they could sense trouble in him, probably the reason why they couldn’t stop him.