16: Party

[TW: mentioned of alcohol, cigarettes +cuss— read at your own risk!]

“Are you sure about it?” Haechan asked once again, slightly hoping that Renjun wasn’t serious about it.

“I’m still thinking about it,” he sighed. “I don't really know, there's part of me who just wanted to quit and be with my mom or push through.. I'm honestly torn in between.” he pursed his lips, creating a thin line.

Renjun had finally considered and think about what Jaehyun had told him before, he’s planning to resign and put his future to whoever or whatever comes on his way—just thinking about it, was actually draining and tiring.

“What are you going to do now if you ever decided to just be with your family?” there’s a sadness on Jana’s tone, reason why Renjun gave her a sympathetic smile.

“I’m still not sure, but I guess, I gotta find new job? I don’t really know.” he laugh out of despair.

“So you’re leaving without any plans?” Renjun took that a little too personal, but Jaemin was right anyway.

“Exactly,” he recoils, giving them a wide smile. “I’m just considering to resign, it’s not that I’m actually quitting now.” he rolled his eyes with still smile plastered on his face.

They spend the last minute of their break, Renjun can tell that they are all fond of each other especially Haechan who really brings delight on their not-so-small circle of friends— he likes him for that, he really brings them together.

He was silently listening and laughing on their say, but it’s mostly Haechan who talks nonsense and dirty. He couldn't think straight, he doesn't want to leave them if ever. He already had grow bonds with them, aside from Yangyang, Renjun really considered them as his best of friends.

Renjun are not good with befriending with others, he spent most of his youth alone—with only his two closest friends in it.

He's the type of person who will walk up in a room and only there for the class, not to mind other's business.

“Hey…” Renjun looked behind and saw Jaemin casually walking with his hands on his pocket, he was as calm as ever unlike their other two friends who’s now bit far from them.

“Hmm?” Renjun wait for him until they’re now standing on the same line.

He was weirded as Jaemin was hesitating, and it honestly makes him awkward for some reason.

“Can we talk?” Renjun gulped, he’s hoping that it’s not another mixed-signal, he was scared if ever Jaemin came to him for that thing.

“Never mind,” he pursed his lips and motioned his head on their way, saying they should get going as he gave him a bread-smile.

“You’re acting weird,” Renjun tried to masked off his awkwardness by joking which Jaemin replied with a scoff anyway.

*****

“You can come if you want,” Jaehyun insisted for the third time, but Renjun’s answer was remained.

“So we can have a vacation outside the country until our wedding anniversary and your birthday, no?” Renjun pursed his lips as he was loss of words, or if there’s anything to reply to that. He was having a mixed-thoughts, he can't come to conclude what's there to say.

“You told me to avoid your uncle, and now you’re inviting me with your family party? I’m fine here, don’t worry.” he said with so much hymn, or just probably tired that he can't come to argue with him.