05: Away

Renjun woke up really early to prepare a breakfast for them even though he doesn’t usually cook—probably just like Jaehyun, he'd rather nibbles a snack or sneak something to eat while he's at work.

He almost swing the plate he’s holding when he felt a firm muscles locking him up from behind. He smiled realizing it wasn’t something that could kill him—laughing mentally as he really hates jump scare.

Jaehyun sniffing his hair—both were eye-closed as they swing in tiny motion with imaginary music.

“You still hasn’t change the shampoo you’re using..?” it was very out of the blue for Jaehyun to be asking that kind of question, or maybe it was his own way to make them stay in that position longer, seizing every opportunity he have.

Jaehyun wanted to suck his neck when Renjun suddenly moves in panic as the smell of burning dish touches his nose.

“Oh fuck!” quicker than lights, he turned off the stove and even fan the pancake using his tiny hand while the other was holding the pan.

“It’s ruined..” Renjun was absentmindedly talking and cursing himself which was very amusing on Jaehyun’s sight.

He come closer to him and didn’t say anything, those cuteness of him never fails to show off his dimples on his cheeks. He just hold him down on his shoulder and lead him to the dining area.

Jaehyun took the dish as well as plates for them before he sat down—serving him like he's some kind of king.

“Glad, I save this one.” Renjun scoop the well-cooked pancake and gave it to Jaehyun—he’ll just have the burnt one. “If only you didn’t distract me..” he whispered and even clicked his tongue.

Jaehyun was giggling while he devoured the dish, he then scoop the pancake he's eating—he just took a tiny piece of it and gave it to Renjun, he switched them up so he could take the messed up one. That completely shut Renjun, he was speechless and impressed at the same time.

“By the way…” Renjun lifted his head after being so shy—or maybe it’s his guilt reason why he can’t look at Jaehyun.

“I got invited to a family dinner,” Jaehyun was serious, not just the way he spoke but also the way he looks straight at Renjun’s eyes.

“Really? And when was that?” Renjun focused on eating the dish, there’s something on his stares that he can’t stand—it’s giving him those wild ride of emotions.

“At New York… tomorrow.” Renjun was shock and gave him look, but this time, Jaehyun was staring at his plate while playing the fork with his fingers.

Renjun softened his face as well as he droop down his shoulder and relaxed himself.

“Is there anything to be that down? I mean, if it’s business related, isn’t that a good thing?” Renjun gave him a sly smile when Jaehyun slowly raise his head, meeting his eyes.

“Business is such a wide-expandable world you may not know, there’s more than just being the owner of a company or just mere trading with other companies out there.” Jaehyun was smiling at how innocent his partner was, a lot of people may think it’s just a business and easier than that but it’s not just a business, it’s a lifetime investment.

“Right, what do I know about business world anyway?” Renjun rolled his eyes before he chug the glass of water. Renjun and his sarcasm is an amusing sight for Jaehyun especially how easily accepted his defeat in a childish way.

Jaehyun’s smile slowly fading, realizing he still haven’t told what’s the dinner was all about or who he will go dinner with, but he just stay silent about it.